Hello from beautiful Wales!

indianwells

Local time
1:34 PM
Hi all. I'm not Welsh but I came to live here from England 37 years ago. I will never be Welsh but I think i'm an "honorary" Welshman now!
I first got interested in cooking when I was about 15 and now I am a complete obsessive. I cook anything and everything and although I would never ever call myself a chef I am a keen home cook. Nothing brings me more pleasure than preparing dishes that other people appreciate. There is nothing I enjoy more than when friends or family tell me they really enjoyed something I have prepared. When people tell me they can't cook I always have the same answer for them and that is "If you can read, you can cook". Looking forward to discussing, helping and most of all learning from fellow foodies from all over the world, and please, can people who have "secret" recipes just go somewhere else? Food is the one thing in this world we all need, and if you can share what makes it better for everyone then you are my kind of human!

Welcome indianwells. Wales is a lovely part of the world and there is great produce.
I first got interested in cooking when I was about 15 and now I am a complete obsessive.
Obsessive cook is how I describe myself so its great to have you on board! I don't think anyone here is secretive about their recipes. We love to share. Please join in wherever you like. We usually have a Challenge (or challenges) running which you are welcome to join. The current challenge is The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Olives. which has a few days more to run.

I hope you enjoy it here. :okay:

There are certainly some great cooks here! I love Italian, Chinese, Indian, American BBQ, Spanish and most Mediterranean food, not forgetting traditional British of course!

There are a few of us here that dabble in true "Q". My wife and I are pretty adventurous eaters. Beside the cuisines you mention, we do quite a bit of seafood, Cuban, Cajun/Creole, Mexican and Caribbean food. We are more into Thai, Vietnamese and Korean than Chinese.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom