Hello from South Florida

FowlersFreeTime

Local time
7:22 PM
Website
www.fowlersfreetime.com
Hello all, I'm Chris and its nice to meet you!
I'm from Jamaica originally and now residing in South Florida. With a Chinese-Jamaican heritage, and family all over the world, I enjoy a wide range of cuisines and look forward to learning from you all. Speaking of learning, I have no formal culinary training; I learnt from my mom (and have no shame in admitting I'm a mama's boy).
Quick bites:
Favorite dish: Jamaican Stew Peas (over white rice)
Favorite spirit: RUM!
Looking to improve: knife skills, food photography, smoker & BBQ recipes... I have a long list, but won't bore you further!

Welcome to CookingBites FowlersFreeTime :welcome:. You have a very interesting heritage which I am sure has influenced your cooking. Please feel free to join in wherever you like. As you may have realised we have quite a broad international membership here so we are all learning from each other.

Welcome neighbor! I live in Margate. Native Floridian. Done some work in Kingston back in the early '90's, for B&D Trawling. Big conch fan! Can't take them here. Love Caribbean food!

Welcome neighbor! I live in Margate. Native Floridian. Done some work in Kingston back in the early '90's, for B&D Trawling. Big conch fan! Can't take them here. Love Caribbean food!
Nice to meet you Craig! I actually grew up in Kingston and my parents live one parish over in St. Andrew. I'll have a few Jamaican recipes to share in the coming weeks (I want to make sure I follow all forum rules when posting recipes and/or videos).

Welcome from Dallas. A few of us here have a lot of BBQ (smoking meats) experience. I'm a professional photographer, and Morning Glory does amazing food styling. There is a wide range of talents on this forum, coming from all over the world.

CD

Welcome from Dallas. A few of us here have a lot of BBQ (smoking meats) experience. I'm a professional photographer, and Morning Glory does amazing food styling. There is a wide range of talents on this forum, coming from all over the world.

CD
Awesome! This weekend's project is to refurbish my smoker actually (its a little rusty in a few places) so I'll make sure to post pics. I've recently done Turkey legs, Chicken thighs, and a Pork shoulder in my smoker. I've also done a halfway-decent brisket, but I don't think I've quite nailed it yet.

Awesome! This weekend's project is to refurbish my smoker actually (its a little rusty in a few places) so I'll make sure to post pics. I've recently done Turkey legs, Chicken thighs, and a Pork shoulder in my smoker. I've also done a halfway-decent brisket, but I don't think I've quite nailed it yet.

Brisket is the hardest meat I know of to properly smoke. Brisket is also the official BBQ of Texas. Look for some of Aaron Franklin's "How To" videos on YouTube. Also, find a good butcher so you can start with a good brisket -- supermarket briskets are usually low USDA grade beef. You want at least USDA Choice, Prime is even better.

CD

Welcome buddy from the UK. I am always up for learning more about BQ and smoking - something we are generally poor at in this country as we have little opportunity to do it :wink: The UK summer is generally about 2 weeks long ....
Thanks for the welcome! I love visiting UK, I've been half a dozen times, and coming to London next year for a cousin's wedding in April. Actually, there's a slim possibility I might fly over in November, but only if they accept my vaccine card and don't enforce the quarantine (who has time or money to waste 7 days in quarantine hotel?)

Back
Top Bottom