Hello from Suffolk

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Life Diet Health, Jun 10, 2019 at 11:09 PM.

1. Life Diet Health

Life Diet Health New Member

Hello. I can't believe I never knew about this site before! I cook mostly vegan food, some free-from gluten and refined-sugar, using as much fresh wholesome ingredients (from the allotment when I can) as possible. I cook meat and dairy for my menfolk and as I used to be a chef cooking comes naturally to me, so recipe creation is a favourite of mine. I live in the UK, near the coast in East Anglia! I'm excited to have a look around this site and see how it all works!

2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Welcome to CookingBites @Life Diet Health . :welcome: Please feel free to join in wherever you wish. We aim to be a friendly community and we love new members! We have a regular thread: What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)? and we also usually have some fun challenges going on - see here.

I'm very fond of Suffolk and have often visited that part of the country. I've cooked a lot of vegan food in the past (and still do) as my son was vegan when he lived here. Our site owner @SatNavSaysStraightOn is vegan (with eggs). I hope you enjoy the Forum.

3. CraigC

CraigC Über Member

Welcome! My wife and I are adventurous eaters and enjoy trying different ethnic cuisines. We sometimes have vegan meals, but I love BBQ and seafood too much to give it up.

4. Herbie

Herbie Senior Member

Hello and welcome. I have family in East anglia and have fond memories of visiting as a child. We ate fresh crab and used to collect prawns with friends to make a tiny supper.

I cook gluten-free, try not to use refined sugar (other than for guests/special occasions to make cakes/puds). I mainly cook vegan too so I hope we can swap recipes!

5. rascal

rascal Über Member

Hi from nz as well, I'm the fryer guy,lol. Seriously I cook everything.

Russ

6. Mewmew

Mewmew Active Member

7. Elawin

Elawin Über Member

:welcome: When my daughter and 3 step-children were younger we spent many a time on holiday in Suffolk. Lovely county.
    I look forward to seeing some of your recipes. Although I haven't eaten any meat for 6 or 7 weeks now, I still eat eggs and am not a vegetarian or vegan. I have posted veggie recipes on here though.

rascal likes this.
  8. Markus-O

Markus-O Member

Hello from Germany.