Hello from the UK

Ajwheatley96

Local time
7:57 PM
Hi all,

Apologies for the late hello!

Just as a bit of background on me, I'm in my mid twenties and work maintaining Typhoon aircraft. I am very much a home cook, but would love idea to go to culinary school, purely to improve my own cooking but that's more of a pipe dream... and would also be very costly!

Now days, thankfully, you can learn so much from online shows and lessons so i'm probably not missing out.

I currently live in Lincolnshire for work but i am originally from West Sussex.

Welcome to CookingBites Ajwheatley96 :welcome:. We are a friendly UK run forum with an international membership of keen cooks. Please feel free to join in our discussions wherever you like or start a new thread about a topic which interests you or to ask any cooking questions. Its great to have a dream to go to culinary school but unless you want to eventually work in the industry its probably not worth spending a lot of money on it. There are some good short courses at top culinary schools which you could consider though. What type of cooking interests you the most?

Your job sounds rather exciting but I expect I'm romanticising! Do you get to go up in the planes?

Hi AJ, I am pretty new as well (I think I have been here about a week). I am in the US. I really like this forum, the people here are really nice and from all over the world. It's really been interesting thus far!

Welcome to CookingBites @Ajwheatley96 :welcome:. We are a friendly UK run forum with an international membership of keen cooks. Please feel free to join in our discussions wherever you like or start a new thread about a topic which interests you or to ask any cooking questions. Its great to have a dream to go to culinary school but unless you want to eventually work in the industry its probably not worth spending a lot of money on it. There are some good short courses at top culinary schools which you could consider though. What type of cooking interests you the most?

Your job sounds rather exciting but I expect I'm romanticising! Do you get to go up in the planes?

Short courses might be the way indeed! I'd think I'd like to learn the more sciencey part of cokking and how ingredients work together in their unusual ways 🤔

Alas unfortunately I don't get to fly in them, maybe if I'm very very lucky one day! Nice enough just being around them 🙂

And thank you for the welcome, everyone is very friendly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello ajwheatley, jump on in, the water's fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom