Hello :)

Applesshmaples

Local time
2:32 PM
Hi! I am from Lithuania, but right now I am studying anthropology in Aberdeen. I enjoy cooking but am interested in learning more to bake as I am not that great in the decorating aspect.
I have been thinking of joining the community for a while now. I have a project for school to study and participate in a community. Due to covid I can only do something online and was wondering if it would be okay to study this forum. I am looking into how food and practices around food can create bonds online. This is just for a grade, it will not be published anywhere or anything like that. If someone doesn't want to be in the research please let me know :) Everyone will be anonymous. I just plan to be a normal member of the community, I might message some of you with some questions, but if you do not want to answer that is completely okay! I can also share my finished result at the end of the year if anyone is interested.

Take care and have a good day!

Hi Applesshmaples and welcome to CookingBites :welcome:. Your project sounds interesting. There some published work about on-line communities which I've read in the past (sorry I don't have the references any more). I'm also interested in the subject. I'm happy to answer questions I can from a member perspective and from a moderator's perspective.

I hope you enjoy being here!

Welcome from SE Florida. I'm not the baker in the family, that would be my wife, medtran49. I'm a self trained cook. Seafood is a favorite and I dabble in BBQ and grilling.

Back
Top Bottom