Help! Butter flavoured icing?

Alunny

Veteran
Local time
3:36 PM
Website
www.jades-world.com
So I want to make a butter cake....but the thing is...I don't like cake. I can't eat it without butter. So I was thinking, instead of miserably spreading butter on my cake why don't I find some sort of butter flavoured icing?

Trouble is there is none. Seriously. Everything I'm seeing has a heap of sugar with the butter and it changes the taste. Can anyone help me find a butter flavoured icing? Is there some mystery alternative I just can't come up with because I have my head stuck on "icing"? ha ha

Icing is by its very nature sweet, as it is made with icing sugar. I have never heard of butter flavoured icing. As far as I know it doesn't exist. To be honest im not sure what you want. If you only want something that tastes like butter then.......butter is what you need. icing on the other hand is very sweet.

I was wondering if you could modify same recipe i came across the other day for what they called healthy buttermints which are essentially butter and honey flavoured with peppermint oil.

buttermint-7.jpg

I don't have an actual recipe but maybe mixing butter with plain greek yogurt and maybe a small amount of sugar or honey to sweeten it just a little? I think that would work...

I like to mix butter with just a little bit of powdered sugar and melted chocolate in order to make a light icing that tastes maybe a bit like fudge. I don't know if it's too sweet for what you are asking or not but it's worth a try if you like both butter and chocolate. If not, good luck to you and I hope you find a good butter-cream icing that will help with the taste problem.

Icing is by its very nature sweet, as it is made with icing sugar. I have never heard of butter flavoured icing. As far as I know it doesn't exist. To be honest im not sure what you want. If you only want something that tastes like butter then.......butter is what you need. icing on the other hand is very sweet.

I don't want something sweet, I want butter but I want it to look like icing, not like I've slathered a cake with butter LOL.

I don't have an actual recipe but maybe mixing butter with plain greek yogurt and maybe a small amount of sugar or honey to sweeten it just a little? I think that would work...

No I don't want it sweet or yogurty, I want it to taste like butter :).

I like to mix butter with just a little bit of powdered sugar and melted chocolate in order to make a light icing that tastes maybe a bit like fudge. I don't know if it's too sweet for what you are asking or not but it's worth a try if you like both butter and chocolate. If not, good luck to you and I hope you find a good butter-cream icing that will help with the taste problem.

That's chocolate icing, that's not butter flavoured at all lol.

I was wondering if you could modify same recipe i came across the other day for what they called healthy buttermints which are essentially butter and honey flavoured with peppermint oil.

They look awesome but not too sure it would work :).

That's chocolate icing, that's not butter flavoured at all lol.

I'm so sorry! You can imagine my embarrassment now that I realize that! It's just that butter is a key ingredient in the icing I mentioned and I was probably really tired when writing that. Ah, well, forgive and forget I suppose. I still sincerely hope you find a butter-related icing that will work to your specific tastes. If not, keep trying, nothing ventures is nothing gained!

Back
Top Bottom