Help choose 'Dish of the Month' for March

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:28 PM
Time to bring back 'Dish of the Month'. The last one was in October 2019. 'Dish of the Month' focusses on an accessible and generic dish, so that most of us can join in, cook and post the results. So far we have had Frittata, Burgers, Pizza and Tortilla based dishes, Savoury Pies, Indian Food, Pasta Salad & Pancakes/waffles. and Gratins.

Any suggestions are welcome but it needs to be a dish that can be made vegan if required with fairly easily available ingredients and a dish which offers the chance for different interpretations. Past suggestions have included potato salad, macaroni cheese, chilli, bread, risotto and sandwiches.

Please feel free to add suggestions with the above criteria in mind. We will make a decision based on which dishes get most mentions - so please join in and support a suggestion or come up with an idea.

"Kebabs" sounds good to me.

Turkish-Kebabs-1_2-680x901[1].jpg

Lasagna
I can easily make that using vegetables (eggplant or zucchini) instead of pasta.
Kebabs are good. Lots of seafood options in my part of the world.

I like kebabs, but like to do both meat and veggie kababs -- and have grown up doing them North American style, as opposed to traditional Middle-Easter style.

Soooooo, I like to mke them when I have a good supply of fresh vegetables available, which is in June, and grill them outdoors.

Of course, that puts the downunder crowd out of prime fresh veggie season.

Anyway, that's all I got.

caseydog
There are numerous Farmer's Markets in my area. Several growers have green houses. They grow and sell summer veggies year round.

Russ

I fist had Risotto 10 years ago. Visiting Brother in Colorado. SIL made Risotto. Love at first bite.
My fave is a wild mushroom Risotto. A couple of years ago we were at our camp on Toledo Bend Reservoir with Step Son, DIL and Grands. DIL and Grands HATE mushrooms. I am an evil woman. I frequently cook foods that they claim to hate. I made wild mushroom Risotto. OMG! DIL and Grands DEVOURED every bit.
I would have to opt out since I am off processed carbs for a month or two.

Russ

I fist had Risotto 10 years ago. Visiting Brother in Colorado. SIL made Risotto. Love at first bite.
My fave is a wild mushroom Risotto. A couple of years ago we were at our camp on Toledo Bend Reservoir with Step Son, DIL and Grands. DIL and Grands HATE mushrooms. I am an evil woman. I frequently cook foods that they claim to hate. I made wild mushroom Risotto. OMG! DIL and Grands DEVOURED every bit.
I would have to opt out since I am off processed carbs for a month or two.

My wife hates shrooms as well, but I love them, I cook the shrooms separately then add after I have served hers up. I've never tried sneaking foods that people say they don't like, except for that time I never told my daughter the salami was venison. Until after, man did I get a mouthful,lol.
:)

Russ

I would love to experiment with lasagne, esp. using veg instead of pasta, but I'm still without oven. Risotto sounds fun, esp. in the weather we have in the Midland of England at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom