Help choose 'Dish of the month' for September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows. Yesterday hit 18°C in the south east, today in the NT, it is expected to reach 31°C, so it varies. Give it 6 weeks and we'll probably be hitting 30°C daytime and no doubt complaining about the rain and flooding.
Well it's no hardship for me if stew gets chosen for September, I've skipped participating in dish of the month before.

I realize sushi won't work for TastyReuben or a few others who don't love it like Morning Glory.

I absolutely love it. caseydog is another one who doesn't.

Edited to add I saw a recipe where bacon was subbed out for the nori (seaweed) and it didn't have any seafood in it.

Like this?

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 7.47.10 PM.jpg

CD

I like the idea of stuffed peppers. A lot of variety there, both in the pepper and the stuffing.
Agreed, voting for stuffed peppers. Delicious in so many variations.
(funny detail, accidentally I omitted the S in stuffed, and was left with tuffed :D
I had no idea what it means, so I looked it up, no, not tuffed peppers ....tuff for National geographic and beautiful nature.

Agreed, voting for stuffed peppers. Delicious in so many variations.
(funny detail, accidentally I omitted the S in stuffed, and was left with tuffed :D
I had no idea what it means, so I looked it up, no, not tuffed peppers ....tuff for National geographic and beautiful nature.

Tuff, as in R.T.P. (ruffty tuffty pipeliner).

I used to be one!

Love stuffed peppers! Also the sushi idea. There are also sushi rolls that have no fish, or if they do, may be cooked fish. (And without the bacon, which I'm not convinced should to be in sushi, although I welcome that in other parts of my life).

Japanese sushi could be expanded out to include Kimbap/gimbap - which are Korea's version of sushi. Same family of foods, just different emphases.

But happy with either stuffed peppers or sushi. Game for either.

Stuffed eggplant pirogues. Can use any stuffing, but this is mainly a Cajun dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom