Help! Dumpling Disaster!

Folks, simpler is better. Dumplings;

Crack an egg into a bowl and scramble it. You cna add a ittel salt, parsely is good but too much will make them green. Then add flour gradualy and stir it in constantly. Keep adding until it is rally thick. Let it be thick.

Spoon it into vigorously boiling water and keep separated, usually not too hard if you don't crowd it.

Now THESE dumplings are not done when they float. It takes like four or five minutes after until they are done.

They should come out pretty soft, with the middle being just a bit firmer. If it is like floury you didn't cook them enough. If it is too hard you didn't cook them enough, but not as much not enough. You wil igre it out, even leaving the bigger ones in a bit longer.

The water is of course salted. There is no grease at all in this so no sliminess or anything like that.

Ma makes the chicken and dumplings around here. It is thickened so it is not a soup really. I do not know her recipe because I have a tendency to stay away when she cooks.

Yes I live with Ma, but I pay pretty good to be here. This is a huge house with three people in it, it could take six. So this all momma's boy sh*t, don't even think it. I pay.

Anyway I make dumplings for two things, kash (my version of chicken paprikash) and sauerkraut.

I should post how to make my kash, but it isn't really a recipe because I don't usually give amounts.

And my sauerkraut is not drained nor polluted with sugar. It is sour. The dumplings, though a bit denser than some, do pick up the flavor. Not so much from the kash but this, definitely.

So just follow my basic recipe and enjoy good dumplings. No water, no yeast, no butter, no oil, no nothing but what it says.

Then get back to me.

Hey, if you nolike I wanna heara dat too !

I mainly make kartoffelklosse for sauerbraten. They are the size of a baseball and have a stuffing. They are really great sliced and pan fried the next day for breakfast.

Me three. Still not a bad topic. That is the simple way, and the simple way is sometimes the best.

Pasta is about the same. When we made pierogi it was. Instead of dropped in water it is rolled out with a rolling pin and then made into like things tht are stufeed. And BTW, My Polish guy says thatusually there they are stuffed with meat. Seems the Russsians came up with the potato idea.

T

Back
Top Bottom