Help with serving a vegan friend

Local time
4:14 PM
I have a vegan friend coming by this week and I want to serve her something nice but I am a big meat eater. I asked her for some suggestions on what she would like and she said she didn't care as long as it was 100% vegan. Please post your absolute favorite meal with a recipe (if it's not obvious), I would like to really wow her!

not sure I would go with that cheesecake. it uses silken tofu and it never tastes very good in replacement cheese things... and you already have tofu in the main course. Cheesecake is better make with cashew nuts soaked overnight and then effectively pureed with as little water as possible and using something like xanthum gum to set the mixture.... I will see if I can find a recipe other than the one I currently have which uses many odd ingreidents such as a cocoa butter and coconut butter http://nouveauraw.com/raw-recipies/desserts/deep-dark-chocolate-blackberry-cheesecake/ but is amazing and even non vegan's love it. It is time consuming to make though, but worth it (not to mention rather expensive first time around if you don't have the ingredients to hand). I also used twice what she said for the crust because I prefer it to be thicker and my 'pot' was a touch wider.

I you can try looking up some recipes for cabbage rolls. I think these are more famous in Asian cuisine if I'm not mistaken so you might want to look for it in Asian sites. There's also a good rice paper roll recipe that is stuffed with tofu and bean sprouts as well as some carrots and whatever else you'd like there, and you can fry it or just steam it and serve it with your own vinegar based concoction or peanut sauce.

I am reading these post again and I am thinking this sounds like you have to really think a lot about what you have to prepare and with what. For me that's going to be challenge as I like to just go with the flow when I am cooking. I guess the vegan life is not an overnight thing. It's progressive or is it? I would like to know from those living the life.

I am reading these post again and I am thinking this sounds like you have to really think a lot about what you have to prepare and with what. For me that's going to be challenge as I like to just go with the flow when I am cooking. I guess the vegan life is not an overnight thing. It's progressive or is it? I would like to know from those living the life.
Start a new thread.. I will reply in there rather than hijacking this thread

Back
Top Bottom