Hemp used as an herb & not an heeerrrb *said spookily*

JoanMcWench

Veteran
Local time
1:34 PM
So, I've been using hemp seeds for texture, nutrients, & (occasionally) flavour when baking as of late. I have not really explored using hemp as an oil or as a leaf. I was wondering if anyone has? Also, perhaps a few of your best ideas so I can steal them & rule the stoner world without stoning them myself. :ninja:

I don't use hemp as a herb (or spice for that matter) and haven't come across it used that way at all.

untitled.png

I do use it as a flour replacement where I replace 1 or 2 tbsp of normal flour with hemp (protein) flour...
The one I tend to get is a greyish green colour but not distinctly green and does not make products look any different to normal.
I use it for added flavour and protein in quite a few baked products containing flour and it a tablespoon or so of it will be going into the pancakes on Tuesday. It adds a nice flavour to them that we both like.

I've yet to use hemp protein to outweigh (pun intended) the flour in a recipe. You know what I noticed? With the legalization of marijuana in a few states in America there has been an interesting incline in the exploration of using hemp. Even if hemp was readily available before. By that I mean herb form, oil, & (more often than not) full fledged cannabis.

I've yet to use hemp protein to outweigh (pun intended) the flour in a recipe. You know what I noticed? With the legalization of marijuana in a few states in America there has been an interesting incline in the exploration of using hemp. Even if hemp was readily available before. By that I mean herb form, oil, & (more often than not) full fledged cannabis.
That is not a bad thing if it means more people can cook with hemp oil and use the seeds in their salads, cakes and bread.

Hemp seeds are very nutritious. I've had them in a packet of mixed seeds for snacking. You could mix them with sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and any other seeds used as a salad sprinkle, in breakfast cereals or baking.

This thread reminds me of these dodgily named snack bars which contain hemp seeds....
9bar.jpg

Hemp seeds are very nutritious. I've had them in a packet of mixed seeds for snacking. You could mix them with sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and any other seeds used as a salad sprinkle, in breakfast cereals or baking.

I agree that hemp seeds are rather nutritious and I have to say I used to like snacking on them too! I haven't used hemp in oil form or even leaf form at all. In actual fact I don't remember the last time I used hemp....hmmm!

Those snack bars look interesting...the packaging isn't that attractive though!

I just recently tried some of these:
Ziggy-Marleys-Hemp-Rules-Roasted-Hempseeds-Organic-Caribbean-Crunch-859702003112.jpg

Holy smokes were they delicious (not to mention hilarious Ziggy Marley makes them). I could easily see them complementing a salad. Sweet or savory salad could work.

Alright, those look good... I love how his face is smack in the middle of the product!
Are there different flavors to them? This is my first time actually seeing them. I wouldn't mind giving them a try though.

Thanks for the share.

There are three different options: Caribbean Crunch, Sea Salt & Pepper, & unseasoned shelled. You can grab them here. Given the size of these things it seems like shelling them is an insane thing. Makes me incredibly curious how they do it.

Ziggy Marley hemp seeds! Wow, that's marketing at it's finest!

Back
Top Bottom