Hi From Guy

guyafe

Local time
4:22 PM
Hi All,
My name is Guy and I am new to this forum.
I am 36 years old, live in the south of Israel.
Married with two sons.
I am a software programmer at my profession, but also a cook enthusiast. I like cooking, recipes and the science behind cooking.
It is great joining this forum, and taking my skills to the next level.

Guy

Hi guyafe and welcome to CookinngBites :welcome:. I hope you enjoy our forum - please feel free to join in wherever you wish. A good place to start is our regular thread What did you cook/eat today (November 2019). We generally have a few fun challenges running too - see here: The Current CookingBites Challenges

One thing I know about Israel is that the food is fantastic. We would love to hear more about the food you cook. Do you have a particular area of cooking that you are interested in?

Hi Guy, Welcome - today we are just having a little fun, but we do get serious about our cooking once in a while lol. If you have cookbooks, hope you will check out our Cookbook Game and join us.

Hi guyafe and welcome to CookinngBites :welcome:. I hope you enjoy our forum - please feel free to join in wherever you wish. A good place to start is our regular thread What did you cook/eat today (November 2019). We generally have a few fun challenges running too - see here: The Current CookingBites Challenges

One thing I know about Israel is that the food is fantastic. We would love to hear more about the food you cook. Do you have a particular area of cooking that you are interested in?

Thanks morning glory.
Israel indeed has fantastic food. Most of it is based on fresh and local ingredients: Lots and lots of vegetables, herbs and seasoning.
What I like most is combining these ingredients with other tastes from the east and west.
I don't have a specific taste: I am interested very with techniques, textures and the science behind the food. I cook all the way from a heavy smoker, and sous-vide, to a freshly diced salad and simple pan omelette.

My main goal is to take my skills to the next levels: All of my food is mostly based on recipes I see on the internet and on Facebook. Being able to know the fundamentals of cooking will allow me to come up with my own recipe and my own cooking persona.

I cook all the way from a heavy smoker, and sous-vide, to a freshly diced salad and simple pan omelette.

My main goal is to take my skills to the next levels: All of my food is mostly based on recipes I see on the internet and on Facebook. Being able to know the fundamentals of cooking will allow me to come up with my own recipe and my own cooking persona.

Brilliant! The good thing about this forum is that it is quite a small group of people but there are a number of serious cooks here with various levels of experience in different areas. So if you post something you will usually get some kind of discussion going and people will share their experience. You will also get to know most of the regular members rather than it being an impersonal 'forum'.

My daughter went to Tel Aviv for a holiday (on her own) a few years ago - she is vegetarian and said she ate the best food ever!

Back
Top Bottom