Hi from Ken in Bolton

Ken Natton

Über Member
Local time
6:37 AM
I am just a home cook who has rejected convenience food and accepted and embraced the idea that you can do it far better yourself and actually, it really doesn’t take so much effort. I have a couple of teenagers who assure me that they really do prefer the generic pre-made supermarket Bolognese sauce to my freshly made efforts. But my wife – who, incidentally, is an excellent cook – seems to appreciate my efforts. And the real point is, a long way from Masterchef levels of dedication as I may be, I do take great pleasure from preparing something that I, at least, really enjoy.

Welcome to the forum Ken. :welcome: Please dive in and join in discussions. You say you are from Bolton - its a good idea to put your location under your image (your image is a ? at the moment). There are a lot of UK cooks here but also American, Australian, Thailand, Italy (to name a few), so it can get confusing when discussing ingredients. Anyway, its very easy to do. See here

Hi Ken,

Welcome to CookingBites

:welcome:

We were in the process of buying a house not that far from Bolton, relatively, (out towards Ormskirk, when we got the opportunity to come and get paid to live in Australia for several years instead... It didn't take much to change our minds.

Please feel free to jump in, post new threads as you want or need. Don't worry about asking what you think might be a daft question; there will be others wondering the same. I can promise that.

SNSSO
Site Owner

We were in the process of buying a house not that far from Bolton, relatively, (out towards Ormskirk, when we got the opportunity to come and get paid to live in Australia for several years instead... It didn't take much to change our minds.

I had a lengthy working spell in Australia - actually in Devonport, Tasmania - some years ago. Which actually connects with another discussion I would like to start, relating to a couple of soups I had in a restaurant in Launceston, while I was there. I will come to that in due course...

Anyway, looks like a excellent site you have, I'll try my best not to present you with any moderation headaches.

I had a lengthy working spell in Australia - actually in Devonport, Tasmania - some years ago. Which actually connects with another discussion I would like to start, relating to a couple of soups I had in a restaurant in Launceston, while I was there. I will come to that in due course...

Anyway, looks like a excellent site you have, I'll try my best not to present you with any moderation headaches.
This is a fairly easy site. Just no name calling or insulting someone. Then no moderator headaches.

That sounds fascinating @Ken Natton. Any new recipes, ideas or experiences are most welcome. :D

Back
Top Bottom