Hi from Portugal!

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
1:27 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm Melissa from Portugal! Joining this forum so I can improve my cooking skills!

My family lived in Africa for a long time before moving back to Portugal so I haven't been that much exposed to traditional portuguese food. And because my mother's family lived in Mozambique, I've been eating spicy food almost since birth and I love it!

My latest challenges have been with homemade ice cream and homemade vegetable yogurt. Still trying to get those right.

Wishing you all a good day,

Lissa

Welcome to CookingBites LissaC. :welcome: We are a friendly UK run community with diverse international membership. I don't think we have any members in Portugal. Great that you love spicy food - quite a lot of us here do too.

homemade vegetable yogurt.

Interesting - the only vegetable yoghurt I've come across is soya yoghurt (if soya beans count as a vegetable). What kind of vegetables are you using?

Hi Morning Glory thank you for the welcome! I've seen almond and coconut milk yogurt. I guess you can try to make yogurt with any kind of vegetable milk available (I never saw yogurt made from rice milk though). But don't quote me as an expert, my only attempt was coconut yogurt and it turned runny!

Hi everyone!

I'm Melissa from Portugal! Joining this forum so I can improve my cooking skills!

My family lived in Africa for a long time before moving back to Portugal so I haven't been that much exposed to traditional portuguese food. And because my mother's family lived in Mozambique, I've been eating spicy food almost since birth and I love it!

My latest challenges have been with homemade ice cream and homemade vegetable yogurt. Still trying to get those right.

Wishing you all a good day,

Lissa

Bem-vinda!
I am very fond to Portugal, such a lovely place

Hi, welcome from the Midwest US!

Portugal is also on our short list for a visit, once travel opens back up. We've even been researching staying there long-term once we retire in a few years.

Hi, welcome from the Midwest US!

Portugal is also on our short list for a visit, once travel opens back up. We've even been researching staying there long-term once we retire in a few years.

Funny you mention, I work for an international company and this is the second time this week I have someone from the US telling me they think of retiring in Portugal!

Funny you mention, I work for an international company and this is the second time this week I have someone from the US telling me they think of retiring in Portugal!
Everything we've read so far makes it sound like a good choice for retirees - good health care, friendly locals, high standard of living, temperate climate, very affordable, English widely spoken, and liberal residency requirements.

We're hoping to visit in 2022. Holiday plans are just a shambles right now. :(

Good morning from Podstrana Croatia. I'm a Brit my wife is Croatian. I proposed to her in Lisbon. I have a long association with Portugal. The best ridding boots I owned were hand made in a village situated in the mountains of Monchique. The first Vietnamese food I ate was in a restaurant in Praia do Vau, about 35 years ago.

Good morning from Podstrana Croatia. I'm a Brit my wife is Croatian. I proposed to her in Lisbon. I have a long association with Portugal. The best ridding boots I owned were hand made in a village situated in the mountains of Monchique. The first Vietnamese food I ate was in a restaurant in Praia do Vau, about 35 years ago.
Love your story, Lisbon is a beautiful place to propose!

By the way my dad owns a small country house in a place near Monchique.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Back
Top Bottom