Hi from Sunderland

TruffleChrissy

Über Member
Local time
6:09 AM
Hello. I'm from Sunderland, Tyne and Wear and adore food, cooking and baking. Spicy good and tapas is my favourite. I love making stuff with chocolate too and joined here to chat with others who have a food passion! Look forward to making new friends.

Hello. I'm from Sunderland, Tyne and Wear and adore food, cooking and baking. Spicy good and tapas is my favourite. I love making stuff with chocolate too and joined here to chat with others who have a food passion! Look forward to making new friends.

Hi there, TruffleChrissy! Welcome to the CookingBites family! I'm sure you'll find tons to enjoy while you are here. :)

Welcome from [very] cold and wet Durham - My wife and I moved up from Leeds [the weather is much the same !] several years ago and oddly we've found the food is very slightly different different [in only 70 miles !??] - still think Harry Ramsden's fish and chips are the best though

have a read here (http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/SatNavSaysStraightOn1) but to summarise, I'm a severe asthmatic and have a few other medical conditions that cause some interesting complications and we decided to have 3 months cycling around England, Wales, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and back into England, sailing out of Hull before leaving for Nordkapp which is the most northerly part of mainland Europe. The concept being that if we were going to cycle as far south as was possible, then we should at least start with as far north as possible! We just made up our own route for the most part. Sustrans routes are not designed for touring bikes with panniers. Too many barriers on them that you can't get through without taking off the panniers every single time... I

Back
Top Bottom