Hoarding

I admit to keeping hold of stuff 'just in case', getting better at throwing letting go. Later this year we are looking to redecorate the spare bedroom and put in new wardrobes so we will have to be brutal.

I admit to keeping hold of stuff 'just in case', getting better at throwing letting go. Later this year we are looking to redecorate the spare bedroom and put in new wardrobes so we will have to be brutal.

Talking of wardrobes - this is my big hoarding issue. You see there are at least three versions of Morning Glory. There is fat Morning Glory, medium Morning Glory and skinny Morning Glory. Since I am known to fluctuate between these states I have a range of clothes to fit. Its beyond the stage of being contained by the wardrobe or the available drawers.

Talking of wardrobes - this is my big hoarding issue. You see there are at least three versions of Morning Glory. There is fat Morning Glory, medium Morning Glory and skinny Morning Glory. Since I am known to fluctuate between these states I have a range of clothes to fit. Its beyond the stage of being contained by the wardrobe or the available drawers.
I feel the need to stop calling you "Morning Glory" and start calling you "Goldi-frocks" - "These trousers are too tight...and these trousers are too loose...but these trousers are just right!" :)

Our home was built in the late 70's. Closet space and storage was not a consideration. G has the closets and a triple dresser in the master bedroom full. His office - almost as large as the master, is filled with junk. The third bedroom - a small room with a small closet and a double dresser. It is my closet. With weight gains the entire room has become a storage place for clothes, shoes, bags - whatever. I have been going through my clothes and bagging things that I do not or can not wear. There is still much to sort through. I am ashamed to say that many items of clothing have never been worn. I have a couple of bags of clothes to bring to Baby Sister. She wears a smaller size than I do now. She can use, pass on or donated clothes that I can no longer wear. Whatever.
I need to stop talking about hoarding. It is getting me down.

Our home was built in the late 70's. Closet space and storage was not a consideration. G has the closets and a triple dresser in the master bedroom full. His office - almost as large as the master, is filled with junk. The third bedroom - a small room with a small closet and a double dresser. It is my closet. With weight gains the entire room has become a storage place for clothes, shoes, bags - whatever. I have been going through my clothes and bagging things that I do not or can not wear. There is still much to sort through. I am ashamed to say that many items of clothing have never been worn. I have a couple of bags of clothes to bring to Baby Sister. She wears a smaller size than I do now. She can use, pass on or donated clothes that I can no longer wear. Whatever.
Look at the bright side, sounds like your are going through your room of clothes and sorting out what you don’t need or want and gifting it to others. That’s a good thing 👍

I'm the opposit of g, I have a 6 draw unit for my clothes, wife has about the same on the other side of the bedroom. Over the years she has taken over all but one draw for my shirts. The wardrobe is completely hers as well. She has a highly responsible job in volving dealing with people. So she dresses in expensive clothes, when she has a clean out she gives to a programme here for people not well off and wanting to dress nice to,get a job. It's called dress for success. Either her or I drop off two rubbish bags full of clothes and shoes every 6 months.

Russ

You can control only your own behavior, and it sounds like you're doing exactly that and getting a handle on your things. That's good!

I can appreciate how frustrating it is with your husband, but he's got to want to do it for himself, or at least agree to let you do it. I just picked my wife up from returning from her friend's, and the entire two-hour trip back was story after story from her detailing all the stuff piled here and piled there, how they'd managed to clear one small spot in her kitchen, only to find this morning, a new pile growing there, starting with a styrofoam take-out coffee cup that's "too good to throw out."

Back
Top Bottom