Home Decor

I think your flat will be very elegant and cool in black. These are some ideas flying around the www, hopefully inspiring. Shelving can be really inexpensive and in black, it just looks elevated. View attachment 59159

View attachment 59160

View attachment 59161
I live in a rather small flat (39 m2), but as the SEALS say, work with what you have. I actually love it, it is my and my kid's peace and privacy. Great neighbours, great location, good public traffic, good grocery stores, nice walkways... I made a turn within the main room (three in one, living, sleeping and working station) two weeks ago, swapped places of furnishings and the piano, and now it looks and functions much better. However that line of thought took almost 3 years to figure out:thankyou:

All that black looks really nice. For a photography studio, however, those brown lamp shades are not suitable.

One thing I need to look out for when buying lamps, is the type of bulb and its color temperature.

CFL or other fluorescent bulbs are not good for photography as they create a bad color shift.

Ideally, the lamps should support LED bulbs with a color temperature of about 6500 degrees Kelvin which is normal daylight. Otherwise, the lamps need to be switched off while photographing in the studio.

One thing I need to look out for when buying lamps, is the type of bulb and its color temperature.

CFL or other fluorescent bulbs are not good for photography as they create a bad color shift.

Ideally, the lamps should support LED bulbs with a color temperature of about 6500 degrees Kelvin which is normal daylight. Otherwise, the lamps need to be switched off while photographing in the studio.
I feel it is excellent that you know what works and what not. I am sure you will find those. Even if it takes time.

I was googling for washer and dry sets last night and incredibly found mini wash/dryer sets for as low as $129 US.

That's pretty good since the big sets cost well over $1000.

These little mini sets run on electricity, but do not connect to water. You pour the water in and after washing, you drain it out through a tube. And you need to have something to collect the water or a nearby floor drain.

The alternative to forking out that $1000+ is to use coin op laundromats. Many apartment complexes have these.

I was googling for washer and dry sets last night and incredibly found mini wash/dryer sets for as low as $129 US.

These little mini sets run on electricity, but do not connect to water. You pour the water in and after washing, you drain it out through a tube. And you need to have something to collect the water or a nearby floor drain.

The alternative to forking out that $1000+ is to use coin op laundromats. Many apartment complexes have these.
I think Shermie might have one of those washers...or maybe it's his dishwasher that's like that.

Are the coins for the laundry machines free of charge? Here, one has laundry shops but they are rather costly.

I had to use one when my washing machine broke, for 7 visits to the L shop I could have bought(and did eventually) a new machine. Because longterm it would get too expensive.

Would you prefer the mini washer set ? Is there a water outpipe/floor/wall drain?

Are the coins for the laundry machines free of charge? Here, one has laundry shops but they are rather costly.

I had to use one when my washing machine broke, for 7 visits to the L shop I could have bought(and did eventually) a new machine. Because longterm it would get too expensive.

Would you prefer the mini washer set ? Is there a water outpipe/floor/wall drain?

You use your own real money coins, quarters, dimes and nickels - no pennies.

Ok. How is the price relation then? Or even the practical side of it...what do you think?

Well, between buying a new washer/dryer set for over $1000 USD and paying about less than $1 USD for laundry load, intentions to keep the washer/dryer set for a long time would have to be high.

Here, a load in a standard washer costs $2.50US. I know, because our washer has broken down twice in the last two months. 😬

Dryers are $.25 for 10 minutes.

I think Shermie might have one of those washers...or maybe it's his dishwasher that's like that.

I'd be delighted to hear how it works out for Shermie, if he does have one. Right now, I can't figure out how you can wash and rinse without emptying out water twice, manually.

I DO have a compact washer, dryer & a countertop dishwasher, but I don't know what Tasty Ruben's look like.

He doesn't say he has one. I would like to know how you like your mini washer/dryer set, how well does it work, what brand is it and any other comments you might want to make.

He doesn't say he has one. I would like to know how you like your mini washer/dryer set, how well does it work, what brand is it and any other comments you might want to make.

It works fantastic!! Last weekend, I decided to try the washer in the bathroom, on account that it was awfully hard trying to get an adapter to fit the faucet in the kitchen!! I'm happy to say that I no longer have to pour 3 buckets of water into the machine. That was for a wash, & two rinses, to which comes up really quick!! The compact dryer is in the living room, & the countertop dishwasher is in the kitchen. It only needs 3 quart & a half-size pours of hot water through the top of the machine. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom