Home Decor

I thought of a hanging basket, but there's no where to hang it for those items that store at room temperature in open air.

But a sort of solution has presented itself in the form of the new collanders I just received. I put the largest collander in the baking dish and the dry open air storage items in it. It gives me more room for those things and still catches any drip, should something begin to rot, unnoticed.

So, I will consider my kitchen prep done.

That leaves the bedroom and the living/dining room to go.

Ok, I found something better to use for open air fruit and vegetable storage in the kitchen, than the collanders.

full.jpg

It's a 3 tier fruit and vegetable storage stand. It can also be rigged to hang from a hook too.

OK, here's my first series of photos recording the completion of my movie-in and cleanup of the new apartment. It shows my new bathroom which is a spacious one indeed.

BathroomSink.jpg

Notice that I keep the toilet paper on the sink and not on the spool. I prefer it that way. Note that I don't have a carpet or mat in front of the sink. This makes it easier to sweep and mop the area.

BathroomToilet.jpg

The toilet area has two notable items, a wash rag on the toilet spool to deal with any necessary cleanups around the toilet immediately, and the mop and bucket, for the same purpose. Normally I add bleach to the mop water for mopping in the bathroom, but when I am mopping the apartment's wood floors, I use Pinesol. Notice that it is groady around the bottom of the stool and that's exactly why I keep things available to clean up. That area has been bleached clean after the photo was taken. I have kept that area clean and the flash has shown up the staining which might be left from the previous tennant. I learned long ago that toilets tend to effervesce when flushed and as a man, suffer drip over. And mopping, especially, splashes up on the base of the toilet.

BathroomShower.jpg

Inside the shower, I have a wand shower head on an extension. I put the shower mat on the floor outside, as I am not prone to slip in the tub, but I have found, more likely to slip on the floor outside the tub.

full.jpg

My shower curtain is as gawdy and colorful as I could find one. Nothing else in the whole apartment is this brash.

Last edited:
Here's my bedroom.

BedroomBedNightTable.jpg

Motif is black. My CPAP machine, which I cannot live without, is on the night table. What can't be seen is a plastic tub with two water bottles, one for the CPAP and one for drinking. These are on the floor at the head of the bead, just off the edge of the table. Under the table is a small plastic chest of drawers for storing medical supplies, pills and wound care stuff.

BedroomDrawers.jpg

I won't apologize for my cheap plastic furnishings, like this plastic chest of drawers. That's what comes of a couple years worth of going through what I have. My printer is on top and believe me, these Epson printers are an extreme head ache. I'm sorry I bought it. My new vacuum cleaner is at the ready, when I need it. The bedroom is the only carpeted room in the apartment, but the vac with its attachments, can be used to bust dust throughout the apartment.

Here's my bedroom.

View attachment 64041

Motif is black. My CPAP machine, which I cannot live without, is on the night table. What can't be seen is a plastic tub with two water bottles, one for the CPAP and one for drinking. These are on the floor at the head of the bead, just off the edge of the table. Under the table is a small plastic chest of drawers for storing medical supplies, pills and wound care stuff.

View attachment 64042

I won't apologize for my cheap plastic furnishings, like this plastic chest of drawers. That's what comes of a couple years worth of going through what I have. My printer is on top and believe me, these Epson printers are an extreme head ache. I'm sorry I bought it. My new vacuum cleaner is at the ready, when I need it. The bedroom is the only carpeted room in the apartment, but the vac with its attachments, can be used to bust dust throughout the apartment.
Nice!
Is it a wet and dry vacuum cleaner? Is it cordless?
I am looking into options for my flat, my vac cleaners so far have steadily dissapointed...

Nice!
Is it a wet and dry vacuum cleaner? Is it cordless?
I am looking into options for my flat, my vac cleaners so far have steadily dissapointed...

It is a dry vacuum cleaner with power cord. I have an older cordless hand vac that I can use for some things, if I want to. I use it mainly for the truck, my vehicle. What I like about this Shark vacuum cleaner is that it is light, but is not a stick vacuum. It has a small, not too wide mouth and two suction levels, a lower suction level to allow it to move more easily over carpet. The higher level really sucks. It has three attachments, one for crevices and two spot brushes, the smaller one, I have already used with great effect to clean the dust and crud off my electric floor fan and will use on my air purifier too. The middle section is detachable and can be hand carried around with attachments on the flexible hose to do spot vacuum cleaning as well. This shark was in the upper price range. I am happy with it thus far.

The following photos define my living room/dining room (or more aptly, my den and photo studio).

RecreationWall.jpg

This first photo captures the length of my recreation wall, containing my DVD/BluRay cases, mini refrigerator, microwave oven and the DVD/BluRay player and LCD Screen. There are three DVD BluRay cases, one being the big grey plastic cabinet at the end near the sliding door.

DVDCase#1.jpg

This is DVD/BluRay Case #1. It has on top of it, a queue of DVD and BluRay movies which I intend to watch in the coming weeks.

DVDCase#2.jpg

This is DVD/BluRay Case #2. My internet service router boxes are on the floor near it.

full.jpg

Here's my stack, the refrigerator, microwave, DVD/BluRay player and LCD Screen.

TheCenterOfTheWorld.jpg

This photo is the Center of My World. I sit here, work on my laptop, watch movies, eat food, exercise my brain and do a whole long list of other things while reclined in that beat up old office chair which I have given a lot of a-ss padding.

PhotoStudio.jpg

Here is my photo studio setup. It is as it stands currently and is subject to change as needs be. Lighting in this room is very poor and I have used the strobes in continuous mode to help light the studio for this photo. I have three strobes in play here, one reflecting off the ceiling, one lighting the subject through a screen on the right side and reflecting off a reflector on the left and the third positioned above the main camera, reflecting off the inside of an umbrella reflector.

As I have stated, this setup can change often and I have a phalanx of light modifiers and light units to work with.

Last edited:
My kitchen photos complete the tour of my new apartment.

KitchenCoffeeStation.jpg

As it is normal to start the day with coffee, this sequence starts with my coffee station. The notable thing in the photo is the number of sweeteners I use. These current include kahlua, amaretto, molasses, maple syrup, agave syrup and honey.

KitchenDishWasher.jpg

Below the coffee station is the dish washer. I rarely use this and prefer to hand wash and dry immediately.

KitchenFruitContainerStand.jpg

Over the kitchen sink, I have my dry air fruit and vegetable stand.

KitchenSink.jpg

The kitchen sink area is kept tidy, although there are times when some item may be left to soak overnight to loosen up stuff stuck to that item.

KitchenRefrigerator.jpg

The refrigerator and my step stool are on the opposite side of the room from the sink.

KitchenEntryWay.jpg

The entry way to the apartment is adjacent to the kitchen and there, I have my hat and coat rack and also, keep my cart.

The remainder of the photos regards the range area and countertops where the cooking is done. These photos are in a separate post to allow for the number of photos.

The kitchen range and counter top area photos are in this post.

KitchenRange.jpg

The range is electric with from bottom to top, a storage drawer which I suppose could be used as a warmer, the oven, the stove top with four burners, and the range hood with lighting and exhaust fan. I am confused by the storage drawer thing, as I might of expected a broiler there. But it doesn't appear to be a broiler.

KitchenCounterRightCorner.jpg

The countertop to the left of the range has my roaster, my NuWave convection cook tops, NuWave Elite air fryer and oven, my knife set, cutting board, can opener, Cuisinart food processor and my blender. The NuWave convention cook tops are hidden by the edge of the refrigerator. I have two of them, a standard size and a larger size. Other items, like my pots, pans, baking pans, Kitchen Aid stick blender and dishware are hidden away in the cabinets with dry goods. My rolling stool is at the ready in that corner.

KitchenCounterLeftCorner.jpg

The counter to right of the range is a bit more sparse, containing my new pressure cooker, mixing bowls, collanders and some glass baking dishes.

Hoorah! I can now consider my movie-in to my new apartment to be complete.

I just cleaned out and dust busted my old hand vacuum cleaner and my air purifier. The hand vac was easy as I just needed to pop the canister, dump it out, clean the crud out of the entry point to the canister and wipe it all down. The air purifier was more difficult. It has a slotted grill and I had to wipe out each slot. I had to toss the old filter and I had to wipe the whole thing down from top to bottom. The main Hepa filter could be hosed out after wiping down the outsides. That took some time as it collected a lot of dust. It had to be hose blasted from the opposite side to push as much of that collected dust out as possible. Then it needed to dry . I did all this cleaning in the bath tub, so that I could just wash the dust down the drain, if I couldn't just toss it into a disposable plastic bag. I had to wash out the wash rag I used, if not toss it. I opted to wash it out.

So, my fear was that I'd stir up a ton of dust cleaning those two appliances and get a bad sinus and throat reaction that would effect my breathing. I apparently, avoided that.

I will now need to celebrate the completion of my move-in tomorrow with good meal and perhaps, some wine.

:okay:

Back
Top Bottom