Homemade Apple and Cinnamon Ice Cream

nutmegprincess

Veteran
Local time
2:02 PM
My favorite ice cream recipe to make is apple and cinnamon. It is not as sweet as other recipes, and my siblings love it. I just mix the all-purpose cream with honey and the apple-cinnamon mixture. It's best to leave the apples with the peel on for extra texture.

What is your favorite ice cream recipe to make?

I'm not a big fan of apples but this does sound interesting. I'm wondering if the cinnamony taste is loud or is it just there and not very obvious? I don't like a strong cinnamon taste.

I'm not a big fan of apples but this does sound interesting. I'm wondering if the cinnamony taste is loud or is it just there and not very obvious? I don't like a strong cinnamon taste.
I do not make the cinnamon too strong because my nephews do not like it. You can adjust the cinnamon flavor just by adding more or less cinnamon powder. :) Also, too much cinnamon is bad for me because it makes my stomach hurt.

Believe me when I say that apples cooked with cinnamon are delicious. It pretty much caramelises the apple and it becomes this glorious sticky goey amazing mess of awesome. The apple pies at McDonalds are made with a fair bit of cinnamon though you can't taste it quite so much....so maybe try one of their apple pies and see how you feel :).

I like to make fresh apple sauce using just a little brown sugar and cinnamon. It is so good and I do not share with the kids.

When I was a kid I spent a summer with my grandma in Arkansas and she would take my mom and I to a frozen yogurt parlor to get some cold treats when it was really hot and humid out. I specifically remember that I loved the apple pie and blueberry frozen yogurt flavors. Your thread brought back some wonderful memories for me. I would love to get my hands on or make some apple cinnamon ice cream!

I love apple and cinnamon anything! I'll have to give it a go making apple and cinnamon ice cream. It's something I'd never thought to do. I bet it would be wonderful with an apple pie!

As for what my favorite ice cream is, I love making banana icecream. It's something I've rarely seen in the stores. I prefer to use coconut milk so it has more of a tropical feel to it than using traditional milk would have done.

Back
Top Bottom