Homemade orange rolls recipe?

Sweetkymom

Veteran
Local time
12:37 AM
I'm wanting to make some homemade orange rolls to see if I can do. To make the rolls I know to follow the cinnamon roll recipe. Now, how do I make the orange frosting to icing the rolls with?

If it's a cinnamon roll recipe, then maybe just spreading some orange marmalade around inside the roll would be enough to make it an orangey flavor, and a basic buttercream frosting or drippy icing (not the real name for it) should do it.

Thick version:
- 4 cups confectionary sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- a little milk

Thin version:
- confectionary sugar
- lemon juice
- milk

Thick version, whip them all together until soft peaks form. The vanilla is the most important part, a lot of icings for pastries and such won't come smooth without a little distressed vanilla. For the thin version, there's something about lemon juice I think that it's more acidic means that it works better with the acidic milk and keeps the icing from going off in a slightly better way that orange juice wouldn't, but if you want to experiment where I'm too afraid to...then, yay.

But otherwise...maybe orange flavoring? It's a cheap cheat, but that's the first thing I think of. Candied orange rind sprinkles, maybe?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom