Hot Breakfast Cereals

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
4:43 PM
Anyone like hot breakfast cereals, like Cream of Wheat/farina? The two that we eat regularly are that and steel-cut oats, though some cold cereals work well warmed up in the microwave (like Grape-Nuts, shredded wheat, and Wheat Chex).

Today’s breakfast, Cream of Wheat flavored with maple syrup, brown sugar, and golden raisins:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like a good, perfectly cooked oatmeal. I like mine with maple syrup on it. I hated Cream of Wheat as a kid. I haven't tried it as an adult.

Deo you remember Malt-O-Meal? Another one I hated as a kid.

CD

I was brought up with porridge (oats) every morning. My Dad used to make it as he got up early to go to work (he was a carpenter). It was served with a knob of butter, salt sprinkled over (essential) and a little sugar. Sometimes evaporated milk, too. I still like it, though I don't eat it very often as I don't really do breakfast.

In a way I think its similar to creamed wheat which is not really something eaten in the UK (to my knowledge).

In a way I think its similar to creamed wheat which is not really something eaten in the UK (to my knowledge).

Cream of Wheat is the texture of very fine grain polenta, but not corn, obviously. My mom loved it -- that and Grape Nuts in hot milk.

CD

I make myself a nice hot bowl of Old Fashion Oats every so often.
I make it in the microwave and stir in a generous tablespoon of butter, some brown sugar, a good sprinkle of ground cinnamon 😋
I really do not care for Instant Oat Meal in the least! My Mother use to force us kids to eat it :speechless:I just couldn't get the stuff down

Back
Top Bottom