Hotel Chocolat Teas

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
9:22 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
My OH was in Hotel Chocolat sourcing my vegan chocolate chips (best place and cheapest so far of some nice decent ones that actually taste of chocolate) and when he came to pay was given 4 sachets of Hotel Chocolat tea bags to try.

We have 3 flavours and so far I have tried 2 (as the photo is evidence). I wasn't too sure about the Peppermint & Coca Infusion, but the Cocoa Infusion by itself was actually quite nice. Tomorrow I will probably try the Ginger & Cocoa Infusion and if I remember will upload a shot of the tea bag as well.

DSC_0114.JPG

Has anyone else (in the UK) tried them yet? Or has anyone anywhere come across anything similar?

I did find them on their website but at £10 for an unknown number of bags I am not sure I will be buying any in the near future! http://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/search?searchterm=tea+bag
One of the reviews suggests 18 bags per tin. I have a thermal mug, so mine was brewed for quite some time and had a good taste. The taster suggesting that it is sweet though must have added sugar. It is not sweet, not by a long shot, but it was OK. At what much be 60p a bag though, I will stick to the chocolate chips and making scones!

I'm not sure I have. But my sister-in-law served cocoa an dginger infusion once. It had an usual taste which I decided I would dot deink it again for a long time. Maybe I'll try the peppermint and cocoa flavor. Cadbury makes chocolate and peppermint powder mix. I like it.

I'm not sure they are an add milk tea to be honest. More like a fruit infusion style. If I wanted hot chocolate, I would get the hotel chocolat hot chocolate that is vegan so I can have it. I certainly would not put one of these tea bags in a mug of hot milk and expect a flavoured hot chocolate style drink!

Not sure I like the sound of chocolate tea. I drink more tea than coffee and regard it as a refreshing drink. Somehow, chocolate (which I don't like anyway) I'd associate with comfort. I sometimes drink fruit teas but not really herbal (my, the market for fruit, herb and spice tea has really taken off in the UK!). Personally, I think a lot of the herbal teas taste insipid and plain horrible in some cases. Not my cup of tea!

I've tried a chocolate tea in the tea pig range ,it's not what you think it may be,it's a infusion,very much in vogue now,
I've been looking at vegan chocolate products due to the interest on the forum ,and I'm very impressed by the high quality and the purity of the products,there are a few local chocolate importers doing vegan chocolate and products and there is a vegan food show in Bournemouth soon and I was going to go and have a better look,but I have another commitment
http://www.bournemouthveganfair.co.uk/exhibitors.html

Back
Top Bottom