Review Houseworth Halogen Convection Oven HW-COG12

Naan bread.

Naan bread s.jpg

I par boiled them for about 4 minutes plus 10 minutes at 200 degC in the halogen, Should have been less - they were well cooked.

So they were parboiled before you marinated them - well obviously. That is fast cooking time - they would take probably 35 mins or more in a conventional oven.

Well - I'm so impressed by this oven that I have now ordered one. Not the same model as yours @Yorky but this one pictured below. As it was on offer for only £19.99 I couldn't resist. It has very good customer reviews.

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 15.50.53.png

I've resisted getting one until now as I have incredibly limited space in the kitchen and I'm aware how much they take up. But I decided I could empty a shelf in a cupboard and lift it out when required. I hope that is not too stupid an idea...

Well - I'm so impressed by this oven that I have now ordered one. Not the same model as yours @Yorky but this one pictured below.

Except for the colour and the maker's name it looks exactly the same as mine. They are selling for twenty quid here now also.

There is one restriction with them which I've failed to mention. It is likely that all your rectangular or square oven dishes (if any) will not fit in it. If I'm buying dishes now, I need to carry a tape measure with me to ensure that they fit. 250 mm (10") is about the maximum dimension.

There is one restriction with them which I've failed to mention. It is likely that all your rectangular or square oven dishes (if any) will not fit in it. If I'm buying dishes now, I need to carry a tape measure with me to ensure that they fit. 250 mm (10") is about the maximum dimension.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind. Circular dishes then...

Can you put foil in the oven?

OK - I now have it in situ. Its very impressive for £20. I switched it on to test it and nearly got blinded by the bright light! I haven't actually cooked anything in it yet and I'm away for a few days as of tomorrow, so it will probably be the weekend.

One question so far for you @Yorky: the lid gets hot when used. Where do you put the lid when you are fishing out the cooked food?

One question so far for you @Yorky: the lid gets hot when used. Where do you put the lid when you are fishing out the cooked food?

I have another "high rack" which came with our microwave. I put it on that (as per the image in post #1 herein). You could use the rack that you are not using.

Back
Top Bottom