How did you find this forum?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:12 PM
I was looking for a new cooking forum to join, because at the time, one of the cooking forums where I'm a member, was acting up so badly!

I mean, stuff had stopped working in it because for a while, there was no admin there. So I found THIS one on Google and decided to join & try it. Glad that I did!! :wink:

I was looking for a forum to talk about things that I like to talk about like cooking. I like to look at cookbooks and bake things that look like fun.

I had found this forum through searching forums about cooking. In fact I had already one and tried this forum too. Well so far I am glad that in some ways I am learning from this forum too.

Another CycleChat import here, via Scitech(GeekChat).

Last edited:
I met my best friend on a cooking forum several years ago. She lived in Plymouth and I live in Las Vegas, but we found we had so very much in common aside from cooking, especially reading and an enormous interest in John of Gaunt. We began emailing daily and spoke on the phone as often as we could. We even read each other's favoite books. I read Wheel of Fortune by Susan Howatch, her favorite, and she read The Stand by Stephen King, my favorite. She was supposed to come to Las Vegas to meet me in person, but she fell ill. Oral cancer. After her bout with chemo and radiation therapy she was in remission and my husband decided that I should go to England and meet her.

So I few into Gatwick and she picked me up and we spent 16 wonderful days together, mostly in Plymouth and a couple of days in London. Unfortunately, shortly after I returned home, her tumor returned and she didn't survive. She died in November of 2012. Since then, I have become reclusive and lost interest in things I used to care about like cooking and writing.

I found this forum on a whim. Maybe it was just time for me to rejoin the living, so to speak. I googled cooking forums and found this one. I'm thrilled to find so many members residing in the UK. It makes me feel closer to my friend somehow.

Last edited:
I met my best friend on a cooking forum several years ago. She lived in Plymouth and I live in Las Vegas, but we found we had so very much in common aside from cooking, especially reading and an enormous interest in John of Gaunt. We began emailing daily and spoke on the phone as often as we could. We even read each other's favoite books. I read Wheel of Fortune by Susan Howatch, her favorite, and she read The Stand by Stephen King, my favorite. She was supposed to come to Las Vegas to meet me in person, but she fell ill. Oral cancer. After her bout with chemo and radiation therapy she was in remission and my husband decided that I should go to England and meet her.

So I few into Gatwick and she picked me up and we spent 16 wonderful days together, mostly in Plymouth and a couple of days in London. Unfortunately, shortly after I returned home, her tumor returned and she didn't survive. She died in November of 2012. Since then, I have become reclusive and lost interest in things I used to care about like cooking and writing.

I found this forum on a whim. Maybe it was just time for me to rejoin the living, so to speak. I googled cooking forums and found this one. I'm thrilled to find so many members residing in the UK. It makes me feel closer to my friend somehow.

So sorry to hear about your friend, what a great friendship you had something to cherish :hug: you are obviously ready to move on :thumbsup:

I used to be on a UK food group mailing list which migrated to Facebook. For some reason, although I'm on Facebook, I couldn't get on with the formatting. So I googled food forums. Mainly, they seemed to be all American but I wanted one which had a good mix of people from different countries and this one fitted the bill. I also wanted one which would be not too high volume but on the other hand not stagnant. The traffic here seems about right. Its possible, if you log in regularly, to keep up with most current threads. I also spent some time browsing posts before I joined - and the people here seemed a friendly bunch. So all in all, its a great forum! :thumbsup::D

I always like searching for new recipes online. But I realised that there is more in cooking than just recipes. That is why I searched for a forum that I can ask questions and get new ideas. I have learned about kitchen cleanliness and different cooking tips. Through this forum I have also learned about nutrition.

Back
Top Bottom