How do I clean a chicken?

Perhaps this is a silly question, but why do some people (cutures) feel they have to wash chicken but not meat to fish (or do they wash those too?)?.

I don't know the answer, but I've wondered this as well. I know I hear more in the news about avian flu and other types of disease from birds than other animals, so perhaps that is the reason. I do rinse off my fish, but that's not just my habit, I don't know if others do it. There was a time here in the U.S. when we were told to rinse pork, which i still sometimes do.

Again today there was a article where they put a uv powder on chicken and let a cook handle it for prepping and cooking ,then had a look at the after math ,the kitchen was aglow in many areas ,poor clearing down ,washing hands and cross contamination,

With my job I have to live with the rules at work I don't wash birds ,
But this is the breaker of a lot talk about washing any fowl ,I have to draw shot game birds skin and pluck ,and wash them but I do it out side rain ,snow or shine clean buckets and a high risk board ,I pluck the birds straight into a bag ,
So there are always breaks to the rule !

:speechless:
Technically, I guess I could do this. The driveway is just off my kitchen, with a door in between, and there's a hose out there. But, that's also where the stray kitties like to hang out (and where I feed them), and I don't want to take a chance on contaminating them. In my dreams, I have a big work sink out there, but then I wake up, and it's gone :headshake:.

Technically, I guess I could do this. The driveway is just off my kitchen, with a door in between, and there's a hose out there. But, that's also where the stray kitties like to hang out (and where I feed them), and I don't want to take a chance on contaminating them. In my dreams, I have a big work sink out there, but then I wake up, and it's gone :headshake:.
are you talking now about drawing and plucking chickens or game birds and why would you worry about contaminating ferile cats,in reality a big sink or a small sink would still harbour the dangers of raw poultry,my purpose within these threads is to make you aware of dangers so you can make your own decisions ,and adjust any work habits as you wish

Back
Top Bottom