How do I fry salmon?

foodterminology

Veteran
Local time
4:09 AM
We have a thick 1.17 lb. piece of salmon from the grocery store. We need to eat it tonight but have no flour. We normally broil it and the skin comes right off (our broiler is not working now). Can anyone suggest how to handle the making the salmon in a frying pan on the stovetop? Thank you.

It's a while since I've cooked it, but found this one

Ingredients
4 (5-ounce) center-cut salmon fillets (about 1-inch-thick), skin on or off
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Serving suggestions: honey mustard, horseradish mashed potatoes, mesclun greens

Directions
Bring the salmon to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking.
Warm a large nonstick skillet with oil over medium-low heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to medium-high. Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Cook until golden brown on 1 side, about 4 minutes. Turn the fish over with a spatula, and cook until it feels firm to the touch and the skin is crisp if desired, about 3 minutes more.
The skin can be served or removed easily with a knife or spoon.
Transfer to a plate and serve as desired.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pan-fried-salmon-recipe2.html

It's a while since I've cooked it, but found this one

Ingredients
4 (5-ounce) center-cut salmon fillets (about 1-inch-thick), skin on or off
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Serving suggestions: honey mustard, horseradish mashed potatoes, mesclun greens

Directions
Bring the salmon to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking.
Warm a large nonstick skillet with oil over medium-low heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to medium-high. Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Cook until golden brown on 1 side, about 4 minutes. Turn the fish over with a spatula, and cook until it feels firm to the touch and the skin is crisp if desired, about 3 minutes more.
The skin can be served or removed easily with a knife or spoon.
Transfer to a plate and serve as desired.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pan-fried-salmon-recipe2.html
Thanks so much. That will work.

I've always eaten it baked or broiled. in fact, I had some the other evening that was broiled.

It was maple-glazed & broiled with roasted carrots & BBQ mashed taters on the side. Delish!! :wink:

A good non stick pan is the key,oil or clarified butter,salt the skin and cook skin down,don't keep turning it ,you'll get crispy skin and moist flesh ,don't over cook it

Back
Top Bottom