How do you decide what to eat every day?

Planning out a weekly menu is boring and uninspiring, in my personal opinion. It´s far more exciting and interesting to open the fridge one day and say : " OMG!! I´ve only got cream, leeks and potatoes! Now what do I do??"
Well, if you also happen to be the person who stocked that fridge in the first place, its hard to have these kinds of shocking revelations unless you forget what you bought at the grocery! But in a way, I kind of do the same thing but in a roundabout way: I stock my fridge and pantry such that, if I were to awaken from a coma and forget everything that happened in the past few months, I could walk into the kitchen and invent a meal. Almost like easy-mode Chopped.

Yeah, I hear you. I have tried to make a LIST of what I want to buy before going to the supermarket, and then stick to the list.Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn´t - like today. Went to the supermarket to buy milk and rice; came out with pumpkin, sausage, cheese and a whole load of other stuff.
That's why I order online these days, it makes me unable to 'impulse buy' and therefore saves us money.

I have created a cookbook of all the different things I make( still growing as I learn to make new things). I tend to choose based on what I feel like making, unless somethings requested.

Back
Top Bottom