How do you do your pancakes?

Alunny

Veteran
Local time
4:51 PM
Website
www.jades-world.com
I like to make mine pretty colours. And then I discovered a sauce bottle and have been making shapes with them ever since ha ha.

10009800_10154061761575377_2995377000969026185_n.jpg

10525827_10154474607370377_507071910982657105_n.jpg

I made the pink ones for an anniversary but I could possibly do the same thing for Valentines day :D.

That's such a creative way to present pancakes.I never thought of using sauce bottles for making shapes. I just slowly pour the batter onto the skillet. My kids would love this technique of yours.
I usually make my pancakes smaller and thinner so they come out with crunchier edges. The sizes would be a bit bigger than the regular cookie. Sometimes I make my pancakes a bit larger but still thin. I like to roll these with cheddar cheese sticks inside.

That's such a creative way to present pancakes.I never thought of using sauce bottles for making shapes. I just slowly pour the batter onto the skillet. My kids would love this technique of yours.
I usually make my pancakes smaller and thinner so they come out with crunchier edges. The sizes would be a bit bigger than the regular cookie. Sometimes I make my pancakes a bit larger but still thin. I like to roll these with cheddar cheese sticks inside.

That's an interesting idea!

I considered using cookie cutters but I didn't think it would work....so I just used the sauce bottle to make the shape then fill it :D.

I love the color idea, would be great to make for children! I make my pancakes from scratch, although sometimes I cheat and make them from a mix, and as others have said I make them thin. I love when the edges crisp up just a bit, I've never been one for thick fluffy pancakes.

I like my pancakes round and thin too. I don't like them too big. Pancakes fill me up so I hate to waste the extra. It makes me feel guilty.

Those colorful pancakes would be great for kids. My niece would love the heart ones.

Round and a bit thick is how my family likes them. We top them
Off with butter and blueberry or strawberry syrup. We don't eat many as they are thick and full you up quick.

I make mine from scratch but as you can see they're a bit flat ha ha. I always feel guilty for that.

I love to smother them in butter and sugar, and they're AMAZING with some whipped cream and strawberries too. :D

I ate some pancakes today and they are just so good for breakfast on a cold day. I prefer them thin and I use a mix of whole wheat flour to give it some extra fiber. Sometimes I use an egg and other times I make vegan pancakes and keep the batter fresh so I can use it over several days. I love them plain with some butter, or with scrambled buttery eggs!

Sometimes I would buy a pancake mix and then they would come out flat. However, I prefer my pancakes thick and fluffy, so I prefer to do them from scratch. I put very little sugar in my pancakes and prefer to use either jam, marmalade or honey on them after they are finished.

Making each pancake with a different shape is a good idea and very creative. As for the colour idea, I have never thought of that before. The pink ones would be good to use as a dessert at a children's party or even at Christmas time. They would be a good replacement for cookies and would even go well with ice cream.

Ooh, this reminds me of a culinary muse that I had earlier this year: red velvet pancakes. With cream cheese syrup/sauce, naturally.

Usually, though, I just have them round and golden-brown, and as thick and fluffy as possible. I haven't figured out how to make them light and fluffy while still keeping some bulk in the forkful.

I just make plain old fashion pancakes.

Sometimes, I'll add blueberries or chocolate chips to the batter. :hungry:

Have you guys ever had chocolate pieces and banana pieces in your pancakes? I usually add them while they're cooking, because that way I can distribute them as I please and make sure they're covered :D.

I can't really make pancakes out of traditional ingredients. So, I just buy pancake mix. Here in the Philippines, the famous brand is Maya. I just add fresh milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. :) My siblings and nephews like the pancakes more when it has vanilla.

The only traditional ingreedient you're missing is flour! And if you use flour you don't need oil. I usually do one cup flower, 1 egg, and one cup of milk per batch (that's like 1 person). You can also add your vanilla essence. I prefer self raising flour but you can use either :).

Back
Top Bottom