How do you keep pasta from clumping?

I never have a problem with pasta clumping because I have mastered how to make it. First of all, if you buy a higher quality pasta the chances of clumping are smaller. Second, you boil the water and put a tiny bit of oil, and salt. Remember, you must put the pasta in when the water is really hot already. Main rule, don't overlook it. If you're in doubt if it's ready, grab a sample with a fork and taste it. I like my pasta al dents, if you like it softer check often to make sure it gets soft but not too soft, that is when is clumps.

The problem might be that you do not have enough water in the pan. Make sure there is plenty of water. You don't need to stir it or add anything to the water to prevent clumping. Also, make sure you don't over cook it.

I usually just pour oil on it as soon as it finishes cooking and it works well enough. Though, I think the much better method is to throw it in with the sauce as soon as the noodles cook so that it can cook further in the sauce and thus absorb much more of the flavor.

In addition to the oil, I also stir the pasta constantly and keep it on a medium simmer so that it doesn't boil over. :wink:

I fill my pasta cooker with water, vegetable oil and salt and bring to boil. I then add pasta. The pasta never clumps up while cooking or draining.

Back
Top Bottom