How do you make your stuffed peppers?

firelily99

Veteran
Local time
12:53 PM
I know that traditionally that stuffed peppers are filled with hamburger and rice. I don't care for them that way so I generally fill them with veggies in different combinations. Sometimes I will take a fresh tomato and stick inside the pepper and then fill that with other veggies or rice. When I cook them I usually put diluted pineapple juice or apple juice in the pan. It really gives a nice and gentle sweetness to the peppers.

The pineapple and apple juice are interesting ideas!

For me, I do like the traditional type with beef and rice. I like experimenting, though, too. So sometimes I'll go with chicken and rice/veggies. Or I might leave out the meat entirely. I almost always have some sort of rice included, though.

Sometimes I will use couscous in the mix or some of the smaller pasta varieties. I love making veggies with cheese in the peppers, so many possibilities that are limited only by the imagination.

I guess I'm not a traditionalist as I don't like mine stuffed with hamburger and rice. I personally whip up some hamburger, sausage, eggs, onion and tomato sauce and put it in my green peppers. Love it this way!

That sounds good! I'll have to give that a try the next time I make the peppers. I don't see why more people aren't more creative about their stuffed peppers, the possibilities are endless.

Back
Top Bottom