How do you plan on eating healthier in 2014?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
3:40 AM
In the beginning of every year, masses of people go on diets. Are you one of them? If so, how do you plan on eating healthier in 2014?

For me, I plan on incorporating more greens into my diet.

b68b5f6f-1c4d-3cdf-ad6d-3b3e16be6c64.jpg

Nothing changes with the start of the year in this household. I don't think it is a good time of year to be trying to lose weight - just when the weather (in the UK at least) starts to get to its coldest. That for me is a recipe for a failed diet.
Otherwise I have a pretty healthy diet, so the only plan really is to get an allotment, though finding any locally is proving challenging.

Yes, I will be changing my diet. I had completely given up soda (Coke), but started drinking soda again in the last two weeks. As I don't eat much meat, I need to add more protein to my diet. I had tried to go vegan, then vegetarian, but was experiencing some ill-effects. I do eat meat on occasion. I can go for weeks with no desire to eat meat, then I have a craving for tilipia.

no diets, just cut the crap, eat healthier food. Get more exercise in. :)

Year 2013 I had already started eating healthy as well as having a healthy lifestyle. With the coming of 2014 the more I will value my health because Iove myself first than anything else.

no diets, just cut the crap, eat healthier food. Get more exercise in. :)

Shred Emulsifier.png

With the help of THIS!

It's rather late in the year, but I just got around to getting it. But I've already made green smoothies & hot soups with it.

When I've had my colonoscopy, I plan to go full-pledged by having at least 2 smoothies a day and a sensible light supper every day, such as a salad or a small piece of meat with a starch & a vegetable! I also want to do a lot of walking and I'm drinking plenty of water a day!

I want to lose some weight and try to maintain the planned weight that I want to get to when I achieve my goal!! I'm so Sick & tired of my bloody back hurting me when I get up in the morning and when I want to go out for a walk!! :eek:

1. Eat more greens.
2. Less instant noodles :(
3. More fruits.

I hope that I am able to fulfill this in the remaining months!

Now this is a question that's difficult to answer with certainty. I try to go for a balanced diet of go, glow and grow foods. I don't want to deprive myself too much by purely eating vegetables and totally excluding meat. I love meat and our body needs the nutrients we get from it. To be healthier, I avoid eating meat excessively. I eat fish more as well as vegetables. When I do eat meat, I focus on the areas with less fat.

For years I thought I knew what a healthy diet was. Boy was I wrong. Everything that most of us have learned while growing up is wrong. I eat a lot of protein, lots of veggies, and limited amount of fruits. I stay away from processed foods, GMOs, gluten, salt, sugar, fructose corn syrup, vegetable oil, and the list is extensive. But I feel great, and I've lost 15 pounds in 2 months, all this while stuffing my face with a lot of meat and eggs. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom