How do you spend Christmas day?

This doesn't help! So its up to me? I thought there might be an optical reason for using glasses or not:(. What about 'resting' the binoculars against your brow/eyes or not?

Somebody's having a late night...

The use of binoculars is entirely a personal thing. Whatever feels comfortable and provides the clearest vision is the best method. Personally, I press the lens pads against my face and keep my specs out of the way.

Not too much to see this morning. I suspect the mild weather has meant less birds seeking coastal refuge. An engaging party of long-tailed tits provided the best entertainment. As usual, plenty of eiders for duck fans.

Somebody's having a late night...

The use of binoculars is entirely a personal thing. Whatever feels comfortable and provides the clearest vision is the best method. Personally, I press the lens pads against my face and keep my specs out of the way.

Not too much to see this morning. I suspect the mild weather has meant less birds seeking coastal refuge. An engaging party of long-tailed tits provided the best entertainment. As usual, plenty of eiders for duck fans.
Ok - well I'll carry on resting the binoculars against my face. Yes. A late night and grumpy - too much Laphroig!

I'm not surprised at your Mum interfering. You might (hopefully) be about to go to Australia, the other end of the earth. I think she may think (as I do) that you might not be coming back. So, who can blame her for inviting your brothers and sisters to your last Christmas in the UK? :D
I've already seen all of them in the last week. There wasn't any need to see them again and the aim had been for a quiet meal with my parents!

I've already seen all of them in the last week. There wasn't any need to see them again and the aim had been for a quiet meal with my parents!
Oh! I stand corrected. Hope you coped... its difficult dealing with a lot of other people if one is struggling with pain. I have been doing that today... in awful pain from cystitis - I was horrible to everyone and only just got the Xmas Dinner on the table without completely nuking the turkey! Cooked a good vegetarian thing for my daughter, though. She actually commented on how good it was (usually I just get 'yeah it was O.K.'). I may post the recipe tomorrow.

Ok - well I'll carry on resting the binoculars against my face. Yes. A late night and grumpy - too much Laphroig!

Ah, Laphroaig. I spent several very happy and drunken weeks in the Caribbean drinking Laphroaig, Bowmore, Appleton rum, Carib beer and quite a lot of other stuff, interspersed with watching cricket and birds. Unhealthy, but blissful.

Merry Christmas! to everyone in the forum. We usually spend the Christmas Day by attending a family reunion each year a relative will get to host a reunion party. It is a potluck affair each family will bring food and it will be shared in the gathering. Christmas day is a day for kids so they get to be the star of the show so to speak. they get to perform something in front of the elders to get prizes or gifts. the adults spend time catching up on each others life over food and drinks. The night is capped with a family dinner at a restaurant.

Ah, Laphroaig. I spent several very happy and drunken weeks in the Caribbean drinking Laphroaig, Bowmore, Appleton rum, Carib beer and quite a lot of other stuff, interspersed with watching cricket and birds. Unhealthy, but blissful.
Pickled Duck then! I haven't had Laphroig for a while... gosh, how delicious is the smokey peaty taste? Bowmore I've not tried, although I know its an Islay single malt.

I spend all holidays like the rest of the year. It is all the same for me. I do not understand why people need to make it so important. OK, it is an important holiday and we eat food everyday. What is so different today? I especially do not like New Years Eves. So we are going into another year on the calendar that we invented. It is a human invention in a row to fell important and loved. It is just passage of time. I don't care for a piece of paper hanging off the wall. They are just numbers we use to control ourselves and others and that is it. Imagine you do not know what day is it. Or you find yourself on an island alone after shipwreck and you know the date. I am sure most of the people would make a calendar starting from that date so they know. How is that of any importance? Pure stupidity invented by people. If nothing else we change the name day into a year so every day we celebrate at midnight. Sure we would have by the time we die around 25000 years :), but we would have celebrated that many new years.

I spend all holidays like the rest of the year. It is all the same for me. I do not understand why people need to make it so important. OK, it is an important holiday and we eat food everyday. What is so different today? I especially do not like New Years Eves. So we are going into another year on the calendar that we invented. It is a human invention in a row to fell important and loved. It is just passage of time. I don't care for a piece of paper hanging off the wall. They are just numbers we use to control ourselves and others and that is it. Imagine you do not know what day is it. Or you find yourself on an island alone after shipwreck and you know the date. I am sure most of the people would make a calendar starting from that date so they know. How is that of any importance? Pure stupidity invented by people. If nothing else we change the name day into a year so every day we celebrate at midnight. Sure we would have by the time we die around 25000 years :), but we would have celebrated that many new years.
Brilliant! I love your take on this. :D

Back
Top Bottom