How do you USUALLY decide what to cook?

How do you USUALLY decide what to cook?

• Shiny Objects - I see it, and I want to make it!

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Imitation is the Sincerest Form - I try it, I like it, I want to duplicate it.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Force of Habit - I tend to make some variation of a common theme.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Dietary Reasons - I have certain restrictions, and I have to keep to them.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Culinary Adventure - I've never made it, so I feel compelled to try.

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Ingredient-Based Inspiration - I have an abundance of something, or there's a Recipe Challenge

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
I also have somewhere a book called something like 'More recipes in colour' by the same publisher which is, I assume, the next in the series.

I ordered it for £2.85 (inc. postage). But look what I also found. Note the description at the bottom!

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 17.01.52.png

Other.
Depends sometimes on seasonal ingredients I see, weather (heavier dishes like soups and stews in cold weather, lighter dishes & salads etc during warmer months), my energy level and time. Sometimes I have some new dishes I want to try (avid recipe collector), or make an old favorite or comfort food, or put together a dish from pantry, freezer, vegetables etc ingredients on hand. I may tweak the new dishes & put my own spin on them. Usually shop for the week & have a few Meal ideas, but that can change if I go out or decide to order in. Also depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Last edited:
We have restrictions upon what produce is available so I tend to vary my cooking within those restrictions.

For us it is normally what is buy one get one free or on sale. Sometimes we are just hungry for something In particular.

Back
Top Bottom