How many meals a day do you eat?

The only full meals I eat daily are breakfast and lunch. I don't eat snacks in the morning but I do take snacks, usually consisting of pastry and a mug of black coffee in the afternoon. For dinner, I only eat fruits or a glass of fruit shake or green raw smoothie. This has been my eating habit for almost a decade now. I feel better and less bloated in the morning with this eating system. It is also quite surprising to observe that I feel no hunger pangs upon waking up when my dinner only consisted of fruits or smoothies.

My routine is basicly to eat whenever I am hungry. I eat only protein, raw veggies, lots of water, and very little fruits. I stay away from everything else. No carbs, starches, or fruity drinks. You know what? I lost 15 pounds in 3 months on this routine. I love it. No gluten and GMO for me.

I eat neither 4, 3 or 2 sometimes. I am a terrible eater. Just horrible. There is no consistency in my eating habits and it's been very bad for me. There are times when I experience acid reflux and other stomach issues.

Everything I have seen or read suggest that it makes good sense to have 5 or more meals a day. The experts stress that it is important that the portions are small and include fruits as a meal. I hope I can be more consistent with my eating habits. There are clear benefits to smart and healthy eating.

It's actually not bad to avoid snacking. I read an article explaining that snacking actually can be a problem as it doesn't give your liver and gall bladder a break if you are digesting so frequently.

I typically eat a smallish breakfast, average lunch and average dinner. I guess I technically have an afternoon snack but it's kind of late so it's more like an appetizer for dinner.

I am eating and snacking more than I should, in fact I am comfort eating. I lost my mum on the 6'th of September and using food to help me through, wrong I know but there you go.

I like to eat at least two meals a day, but three depending on what I am doing. If I have brunch, then I will have a teatime snack and then a meal in the evening. On an early start I will have a small breakfast and snack more and have lunch and a lighter dinner. The important thing is to eat when your body needs it, rather than because it's time to eat.

I rarely feel like eating anything in the morning, so I try to make myself eat at least a couple bites of something to avoid low blood sugar. I mostly eat small bits during the day, with my main meal being supper (since that's usually when I cook for everyone else). I don't generally cook for just myself, so I might have a cup of soup, a sandwich, or something like fruit and cheese if I'm hungry. I can't go several hours with nothing or my sugar gets too low, so I snack. I guess that's why I'm not usually hungry at "normal" meal times.

Two to three meals a day would be fine by me. Over the weekends, I usually stick to a three-meal routine. On hectic weekdays, however, I tend to skip lunch because I often rush to finish my deadlines. I make up for it by snacking a lot. To stave off hunger, I eat various nonsensical foods like random biscuits, cream puffs, oatmeal packs and chocolate bars.

There have been a lot articles that said it is better to have three small meals a day and snacks in between. And I've tried doing that but couldn't keep it for long. Now, since I wake up late for breakfast I just eat a snack. Then after an hour or two I'd have my meal for lunch and I'll take an afternoon snack and my last meal would be at dinner. So everyday I'd have two meals and two snacks. I know that breakfast is very important but I tend to overlook that a lot.

Do you eat three square meals a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner, or do you take snacks in between meals...that is, mid morning and during the afternoon? I once heard it said that eating small portions throughout the day is healthier than eating three full meals a day. However, I have always been in the habit of eating three square meals a day - breakfast, lunch and supper. I do not really snack in between these meals. Actually, I do not feel the need to do so. I am also aware that there are some people who tend to skip breakfast all together, but it has been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

What is your routine as far as eating meals is concerned?
The biggest meal of my day is around noon. I start the day off with lemon water, and a fresh smoothie. I eat one big meal a day and snack on lots of healthy raw foods. I try to avoid late night eating, (it does always work).

On any normal day, I eat 3 full meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner. The amount I eat per meal varies on the day since I normally eat more on the weekends since I have more time to prepare and enjoy my meal. Despite that, I very rarely skip any meals (I only skip dinner if I've had a late and big lunch) since I tend to feel weak if I don't eat all 3. I also have a small snack during the afternoon on most days, it's normally something as small as a banana or just some crackers, to help keep me working until dinner time.
I've heard about the method of eating more meals a day but less portions per meal but I think that won't work for me since I tend to be very busy so I'd find it difficult to sit down many times to eat a small meal. That's why when I eat, I make sure to take my time and savor the food so that it gives me a more lasting satisfied effect till the next meal.

working days only 2 meals a day,porridge for breakfast with fresh juice and fruits and seeds,then a salad type meal quite large with pulses ,protein and eglate afternoon ,thats when I'm not exercising ,now back to my bike again i will have fruit last thing at night and a late morning flap jack or cereal bar

Just two meals a day for me, I can never stomach breakfast so I'll have a large, early lunch at around 11 am. Then dinner at around 5pm. Sometimes, I might have some toast around 9pm but that's it really. It depends on how big dinner was.

Ha! Who has time for that?

For me it really depends on my schedule and what is going on. Right now I just eat when it's convenient. I've been drinking more liquids and eating less food because that's what has been easier. Also, when the weather gets hot I start to lose my appetite.

Back
Top Bottom