How many of us have a smoke alarm in our kitchen?

How many of us have a smoke alarm in our kitchen?

• Total voters

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
12:05 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
As above, I was wondering how many of us have a smoke alarm in our kitchen?

I do, but it is away from the cooker and mounted on the wall about 1m down from the ceiling - it was the only sensible place for it. Not ideal, but better than nothing?

I don't, but I live in a bungalow. My smoke alarm is In the hallway between the living room and the bedrooms. I also have a carbon monoxide detector. That is in the living room where the wood burning stove is.

not in the kitchen at home as we burn wood in the kitchen area and the alarm would be going off all the time some days,on a professional system you would have a heat detector,I've had to have a new header fitted at work to 90 degrees as the old one was about 60 and would go off all the time

Not in the kitchen but the house is very open so the one in the hallway will catch smoke from both the kitchen and the living room. So while it's not necessarily in the kitchen it does it's job from where it is.

lmao This was the sound of my youth all the time. My mother seemed to make it a challenge. It seemed like she inherently knew things went awry & she would have to work out a way to fix it. Great flashback.

Our house does not have a smoke alarm in the kitchen, we do have a smoke detector in the hallway right outside the kitchen door.

My smoke detector is in the hallway too - the cooker is in close proximity but I've had to move the toaster to a spot near the back door as it was always setting the alarm off!

I have a tiny kitchen, and the smoke alarm is on the ceiling just on the other side of the wall dividing the kitchen (closest to the stove) and dining areas.

Even the one in the lounge [it's next to the kitchen] kept going off. In the end we had to move it out into the hall. Great idea but too touchy for the kitchen

Our kitchen have no smoke alarm but our safety is our housemaids. They are tasked to check the LPG tank every after use and also check it before sleeping. We may not need a smoke alarm since my husband is the one in charge of the kitchen. He is a safety conscious fellow so I guess that's not a problem anymore.

I don't have any smoke alarm in my kitchen or house for that matter. It's something worth discussing with my husband when you think of it. Yesterday I went out and left some potatoes steaming. When I rushed back the saucepan and steamer were completely burnt as well as the potatoes. Thankfully the place was not on fire. Keeping my head on and being a little more organized might have been a better protection than a smoke detector in this particular case.

Back
Top Bottom