How many of you would send a meal back to the kitchen?

To be honest, the only way I would do it is if I found out there was something I was allergic to in the food that I had previously told the waiter/waitress. But I mean i'm not allergic to anything so yay!

I just don't like to cause trouble for people, especially if it's really busy and they're clearly swamped. I would let the manager know if I'm really unhappy with the meal, but I wouldn't go as far as sending it back.

I might send something back if it was really horrible but I would be extremely freaking nice because you don't want to tick off the people who handle your food.
Besides it's not the wait staff's fault if something is cooked badly. I would be super freaking sweet and hope they didn't spit in the replacement food.

What I find hard, is when I'm out and I order a steak 'rare'. It arrives medium or well done. I know that if I send it back, it'll take some time for it to all be delivered back, meanwhile my companions are eating and I'm not. Also, I realise that the restaurant has to throw the steak in the trash (hopefully), and this is a cost to them. How sure can I be that if I send it back, the next one will be ok? I just take it on the chin, but I might say on the way out to the manager what 'went wrong' and suggest that they are more careful. I think they appreciate the feedback, and at the same time you make your point without going hungry.

Pete

Rat's head found in chili!!.png

Guess what this is?! And where it was?

You're probably going to flip a gasket when you find out!! Found out from the link below!

I'll NEVER eat at THAT restaurant chain!!! :eek:

http://www.kcbd.com/story/26832426/fl-man-claims-to-find-rat-head-in-restaurants-chili

Last edited:
Yes! I'm not going to order a big plate of fried chicken for it to only come to my table plum cold in the middle! I won't be obnoxious but I will politely demand hot & fresh food. I've been served a half raw steal before and sent it back. I plainly told them very well done to almost black yet I got raw. I don't eat raw meat.

I've never had any problems with servers taking back foods to fix. I've often got even more food at their cost because of their mess up.

Yes! I'm not going to order a big plate of fried chicken for it to only come to my table plum cold in the middle! I won't be obnoxious but I will politely demand hot & fresh food. I've been served a half raw steal before and sent it back. I plainly told them very well done to almost black yet I got raw. I don't eat raw meat.

I've never had any problems with servers taking back foods to fix. I've often got even more food at their cost because of their mess up.

I wouldn't eat raw meat either!! :eek:

I think I have only ever sent something back to the kitchen once. The chicken was raw in the middle and I asked for a completely different meal as it put me off eating that particular dish. I only eat in places where I think the food will be amazing anyway. If I don't like the look of somewhere from the outside or I have heard bad reviews from others who have had to send meals back, then I just don't eat there.

Raw chicken is definitely a no-no!!!
You were so right in not accepting it! I'd have sent it back also! And you were also right in not accepting the same identical meal.
Order something else, or just get up & leave, plus never go back there again!! Strike them off your list of places to go eat!! :eek:

I've sent a few things back, but only things that were still cold on the middle or if they got the order wrong. I ordered a vegetarian pizza and it looked as if it was bacon on it and it was, that was sent back. The server's English was not so good, I'm not sure if that was it, but as it was a mushroom one off the menu with no substitutions or additions, it was hard to get wrong.

Food undercooked is the worst as it can lead to food poisoning, even if it is lukewarm it's not good as often food is reheated. Don't risk it and send it back.

I think I did once as a kid because at that time I was literally afraid of pink in my beef. I have since matured and come to understand that it is perfectly safe to eat a medium rare steak and have done so many times now, but as a child I truly believed I would end up deathly ill if I ate any pink, so I did ask that they cook the steak a bit more so I could eat it. It did not seem like a big deal and the waiter was perfectly happy to take care of that for me. I was probably not the first young person he had seen who was afraid to eat pink meat.

I do not think I would send something back over a minor problem, but if I had chicken I did not think was fully cooked I definitely would. It would have to be a major problem because I do not like to complain.

I like mine medium well. Juicy, but not too much red! Just a touch. I can stand THAT!!

It's just that if it is too red, I won't eat it! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom