How much do you spend (per head) on food per week?

Okay apparently what we refer to as possums in the US are actually opossums. I looked it up, and though they are both marsupials, they look a lot different.

My spouse and I eat different things so that accounts for some of it. I have to buy what she wants and what I want as well. For example, I don't eat potato chips and she doesn't eat tortillas. But I still have to buy both. That rule applies to just about everything. i've learned to cook my things in much smaller quantities, but a pan of enchiladas, for example, is still 4 meals for me and meanwhile I'm making her different meals. So we probably have a much bigger variety of foods available at any given time.

TastyReuben and Milkduds - I've come to the conclusion that we (me & partner) must eat a lot less food than you guys, because I think food prices in store are roughly similar (on average) between us. I seem to be spending around 50% less than you are. We eat very little meat and hardly any processed products so that may make a difference.

My estimate doesn't include alcohol!

The things we do for love.

My spouse has a Cheetos addiction. I don't eat them. I will, on occasion, eat potato chips with French onion dip, but not very often, just not much of a junk food person. He likes Bleu cheese on some things (steak, salads) which I can't tolerate. I don't think blue stuff should be growing on food. I know that a lot of people like it. It doesn't sicken me to watch people eat it, just please, don't put it in my food.

That's pretty much it, the rest of our food tastes are very similar. He didn't think he liked salmon when I met him and for many years into our relationship he wouldn't eat it, so I didn't buy it. He liked the store bought smoked salmon in the packages and would eat it on bagels, so I started buying salmon filets and cooking it to put on bagels. He absolutely loves it now, and he will actually eat a salmon filet and salad as a dinner entree. It took about 20 years for him to come around!

Back
Top Bottom