How often do you use a Crock Pot?

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
11:43 PM
I have been pulling recipes online and using my Crock Pot much more frequently these days. You can start a meal in the morning and it is perfectly cooked by dinner time. Not to mention, I can usually get 2 dinners out of one batch and so I don't have to cook again the next night.

I have been pulling recipes online and using my Crock Pot much more frequently these days. You can start a meal in the morning and it is perfectly cooked by dinner time. Not to mention, I can usually get 2 dinners out of one batch and so I don't have to cook again the next night.
Quick search brings up a slow cooker. Is that what you mean? Last crockpot I used went over an open fire

Oh one cooking device I really like is my crockpot. I will be using it a lot now that cooler weather is here. One of the best dishes I ever made was in a crockpot. Also, as you say, it is great to be able to start a meal in the morning, and have it done, when you come home. There are so many inventive crockpot recipies you can use, as well. Everything from soup to cheesecake can be cooked in the crockpot.

I've never used a crockpot, but I've been hearing more and more people rave about them in recent years. Is a crockpot the same as a slow cooker? I like the idea of a crockpot/slow cooker, as you said you can put something in it in the morning and it's ready by evening, however there doesn't seem to be much variety in what you can cook inside. It seems like you are limited to just roast, chicken, and stews. I'd love to hear what kind of recipes you are cooking in yours.

I use my slow cooker/crockpot about once a fortnight on average. But I tend to go through phases of using it. Its brilliant for cheap cuts of meat. Perhaps its not so useful for vegetarians, although I suppose beans and pulses are good slow cooked. Tell us what you've been cooking in it @Rosyrain!

Last edited:
Our slow cooker is an ordinary pot and we rarely use it. But there is one special dish that we cook with it, our original recipe that we call Lutong Usa which is tranlated as venison dish. It is a concoction of my mother-in-law where the beef is cooked slowly in 7-up and pineapple that is laced with spices. And when the meat is tender, it is fried in a slow manner before being put back to the pot and then the other ingredients (particularly vegetables) are mixed.

At least a couple times a week, right now. Honestly, it's a godsend, especially after I had my little one and was trying to adjust to a "new normal".

It's so nice being able to throw everything in and forget about it, and basically everything I've ever made in the slow cooker has turned out delicious.

I use my crockpot/slow cooker once or twice a month more during the winter than during the summer. I like to put the meal in the cooker knowing when I return it is ready to eat. One of the meals I like to cook more in the slow cooker than in the traditional oven is roast beef, it comes out more tender and flavorful when it is cooked slow.

We use it at least once a week, depending on what our schedule looks like. I am not always a fan of the taste of the food that comes out of slow cookers, but it is still a much better alternative to going out to eat or running through the drive-thru on crazy busy days.

I have never used a crock pot. I have thought about getting one but just never have. I am not really sure that I would use it all that often if I had it.
My son and daughter-in-law have one and they love it. They use it almost every day and come up with some pretty awesome meals.

I actually don't use my crockpot much these days. When I was working, and was cooking for more than just me, I would use it to make dinners sometimes. Since the kitchen is so small, when it's not in use, it's packed in plastic, and stored in the laundry room, which tends to make me forget about it. I've seen a lot of recipes for making pumpkin bread and things like that in crockpots, so I'm considering dusting it off and trying one or more of the recipes.

I use my slow cooker/crockpot about once a fortnight on average. But I tend to go through phases of using it. Its brilliant for cheap cuts of meat. Perhaps its not so useful for vegetarians, although I suppose beans and pulses are good slow cooked. Tell us what you've been cooking in it @Rosyrain!
The slow cooker/Crock Pot is about the only way I can cook beans without them tasting like garbage. I soak dry beans overnight and the. Throw them in the pot with all of my other ingredients. Google vegetarian recipes online and there are now quite a few options if you are interested. I did this and found an amazing Chai applesauce slow cooker recipe!

My crock pot is used once or twice each month. I had never been disappointed using my crock pot. I mainly use it to cook large cuts of meat, mainly pork, and to create soups. Pork shoulder with vegetables (onions, potatoes, and carrots) is one of the main dishes I cook using my crock pot. The next step I want to take with my crock pot is making desserts.

We normally use the crock pot once a month at times. Usually, when we are all at home and have nothing to do but wait all day for the perfect meal. It is nice to set everything up and then come back to eat later on. Having a nice hot meal without that much effort is always a nice touch. I'm more of a beef stew kind of guy and you add in some cheese bread to round it all out.

I use my crock pot more in the fall winter months more than in the summer. I like to make stews and pot roasts in it and they are great on a cold winters night. It's so nice to come home and have supper already made and the house smells amazing.

Back
Top Bottom