How often to you eat at a restaurant?

A friend of mine said they only go to a restaurant when they can afford it or when they want time off from their own cooking. I like those reasons.

I being a student willingly or unwillingly I had to rely upon restaurants most of my days. I expect restaurants are really classy for me to go there regularly and for this reason I opt street food or stall food the most. I even love eating them, keeping aside all the health issues. Counting the number of times I go, irrespective of the time of the day, it would be almost four days a week.

Not often. Maybe once a month or so. I love going out to eat but most of my friends prefer to spend their money on alcohol and not food lol.

My boyfriend and I used to go out to eat two or three times a week... then twice... then once. Now we try to stay in and cook more when we're together because it saves money and we're both dirt poor college students. What we would pay when we go out to eat, we could use to buy ingredients to make multiple meals with.

I like saving my money and going out to eat when it's a special occasion. I use to eat out every night after work with a friend, but I don't have the time or money now to go out to eat unless it's a special occasion.

When I wasn't as broke as I am now, I would eat out a lot. I didn't have much space to cook, and the time and cleanup involved for a single person made it less enjoyable.Now I cook much more, because I have more space and time, and less money.

But I really like eating out, so I doubt I'd ever give it up completely as long as the finances stood up, for one thing there are just too many things to eat for me to try to match restaurant quality and variety. Within six blocks of my house I can get; burritos, Thai, sushi, Chinese dumplings, pizza, burgers, and American breakfast food of very good quality. That's not counting the variety of other places that are good but not exceptional, or that I haven't tried yet. Trying to replicate that at home would take ages, and in some cases (the dumplings, the sushi) I simply don't have the resources.

Darn, now I really want a burrito.

I think that poor finances keep a lot of people from eating out a lot. I know it does with me. I try to avoid eating out as much as I can because I can't afford it anymore. I may start eating out again in the future when my finances are better.

A proper restaurant? Maybe... twice a year? When I eat out it's mostly at a pub or fast food... I really don't like restaurants. It's too... classy for me, not my thing at all.
Other than that I really love to cook myself so that already means that I only eat out on special occasions or when I simply don't have the time to cook.

How are you able to eat in a restaurant twice a week and always order the same thing? :D

I feel the same about proper restaurants. I can't get stuck in and enjoy the food like I normally would because I feel like you get judged in those places haha. But I love having a lovely pub lunch or out to a little restaurant for some casual dinner. I don't get to do it that often because I'm saving up at the moment but I usually try and go at least once a month if I do have the money.

I feel the same about proper restaurants. I can't get stuck in and enjoy the food like I normally would because I feel like you get judged in those places haha. But I love having a lovely pub lunch or out to a little restaurant for some casual dinner. I don't get to do it that often because I'm saving up at the moment but I usually try and go at least once a month if I do have the money.
I know exactly how you feel. Honestly... last time I went to a restaurant was because I was visiting a foreign country with a friend and she pretty much dragged me in there. This was maybe 6 months ago. Pub lunches are great and I've recently started to enjoy tapas bars.

I know exactly how you feel. Honestly... last time I went to a restaurant was because I was visiting a foreign country with a friend and she pretty much dragged me in there. This was maybe 6 months ago. Pub lunches are great and I've recently started to enjoy tapas bars.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! I love a good pub lunch and some of them are really good now. There is a local one near me and it serves five star food and it looks absolutely beautiful. Lots of fresh seafood and ribs. Mmmm, it's my favourite.

I have never been to a tapas bar, what sort of food do they serve? and is it good? Think I will have to try it sometime :P

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! I love a good pub lunch and some of them are really good now. There is a local one near me and it serves five star food and it looks absolutely beautiful. Lots of fresh seafood and ribs. Mmmm, it's my favourite.

I have never been to a tapas bar, what sort of food do they serve? and is it good? Think I will have to try it sometime :P

Where do you live? (if you don't mind me asking)
I always preferred to eat at pubs, the portions are also a lot more to my liking. I eat quite a lot for my size and usually in restaurants I end up paying a lot and while it does fill me up to a certain point, I don't feel like I've really eaten enough to last for a long time. This, obviously, depends on the country though.

Tapas is originally a spanish way of eating. You have small portions of different things, so you can use them as appetizers (for example 2 different things) or then have 5-6 different things which already becomes a full meal. It's fun to construct your meal using all the different things available and for one meal you can try so many different things!

Near London, in the UK. I do feel full up when I go to restaurants but I think this is because I eat so slowly because I am trying to be very careful with everything and not offend anyone haha.

Oh wow the tapas bar sounds amazing! I'm getting so hungry just thinking about it. And I can imagine getting quite full from a round of these.

Near London, in the UK. I do feel full up when I go to restaurants but I think this is because I eat so slowly because I am trying to be very careful with everything and not offend anyone haha.

Oh wow the tapas bar sounds amazing! I'm getting so hungry just thinking about it. And I can imagine getting quite full from a round of these.

I'm sure you can find some tapas bars if you make the trip to London. They are not the most common things around but at least here in Paris there are quite a few. (not surprising since in here you have a few restaurants of every kind of cuisine)

That's the beauty of tapas, each individual portion is tiny. So if you feel like having a snack with a beer you can take just one or two different dishes but if you want to eat a meal you can have as many as you like. The only limit is the price and how much your stomach can hold. :D

Mmm, I really love the sound of these tapas bars and I think I will try one out next summer. A nice hot day, a cold drink and beautiful food. That's always my favourite combination :)

Just had a look and found absolutely loads of tapas bars!

Mmm, I really love the sound of these tapas bars and I think I will try one out next summer. A nice hot day, a cold drink and beautiful food. That's always my favourite combination :)
That is a good plan. However I don't really eat that much during summer and prefer restaurants in winter time, something about looking out of the window and seeing the cold, hopefully snowy world while yourself being in a warm spanish ambiance. :p

Back
Top Bottom