How to Save Money at Safeway

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
1:51 AM
I am a fan of Safeway stores. This grocer is definitely an establishment I use on a regular basis. In order to combat their high prices, I use their Just For U section online.

Just For U offers consumers an opportunity to download store discounts and manufacturer coupons onto a Safeway rewards card. You even get free stuff (on occasion).

I love Safeway. Okay, maybe not love, but it's pretty much the only grocery store around where I live that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for a week's worth of groceries.

My boyfriend and I utilize their Just For U stuff all the time too :) Apparently you can get even more savings if you combine that WITH store sales AND coupons. I don't really shop with coupons so it's hard to say but I suppose it's worth a try!

Thank you, I will look into that. I don't "love" Safeway that much because I prefer to get my produce from a store that sells as many local products as possible, but I like the savings they have on some things,

This link took me to their Safeway delivery service, and just told me my area is not serviced. I didn't see anything like coupons/discounts or the words "Just for U" anywhere...???

Thank you, I will look into that. I don't "love" Safeway that much because I prefer to get my produce from a store that sells as many local products as possible, but I like the savings they have on some things,

This link took me to their Safeway delivery service, and just told me my area is not serviced. I didn't see anything like coupons/discounts or the words "Just for U" anywhere...???
Yeah I agree, I definitely try to buy locally and go to farmer's market but it's hard to with my work schedule. Safeway is just convenient and is basically the cheapest grocery option in my area. I'm surprised your area isn't serviced; I would ask the next time you're at safeway maybe?

I am quite sure my area is not serviced. It's a small town, Safeway and Albertson's are the only large chain stores in town, of any kind. It would not be profitable here, only a handful of people would be interested.

If that's the case then yeah I think your town may not have that service. Bummer!

What I would do though is to look for weekly ads and discounts, but usually if you have time to go to the farmer's market it'll probably be cheaper and better for you to buy your produce and such from a farmer's market rather than safeway.

I got an iPhone and discovered the Safeway app. I think it will be useful for some things. I don't buy produce at Safeway anyway, it's not really my main store.

Well this is good news hear about Safeway! I thought it was a full price type grocery store without any deals?

We are considering moving to a new area and it is overrun by Safeways, which I have never been to. They are all nice and new looking, so I thought they were expensive. It's good to hear they're not!

I have used the Just For U savings program before and you can get some good deals if you stick with it. The key is to plan your meals around the ingredients you can get on sale with these discounts. There is a Safeway in my town, but I do not use it very often because there are other stores that I can get some better deals at. Does Safeway do the 10 items for $10 sales?

I prefer Shoppers in our area because of the discounts they offer but the selections can be limited. I didn't know about the Safeway app which I will check out. Anything to help keep the high cost of food down..

I have never shopped at a Safeway store. I am not even sure if we have one here in Georgia. I am sure that from what i've heard that they have some really great deals. I will take the time to do my research and see if we have stores here.

Back
Top Bottom