How to serve tinned Foie Gras as a starter?

Hoogie

Über Member
Local time
6:28 AM
Hi All,

I am cooking dinner for some friends on Wednesday evening and have a tin of Foie Gras in my cupboard which I brought back from a trip to France last year.

I am keen to serve Foie Gras as a starter on the evening and wanted to ask, what is the best way to serve it?

I wanted to serve it with toast and some chutney and was specifically interested in the following points:

1 - How should I prepare the Foie Gras before serving? Should I remove it from the tin and chill it in the fridge?

2 - What is the best type of toast to serve it with, thinly sliced and toasted French Baguette? Or are there any crackers or other toasts that work better?

3 - What type of chutney/pickle will best complement Foie Gras?

Many thanks

Serve Slightly chilled,I prefer French stick/ baguette even lightly toasted,port or a desert wine is top for me,and a sweet fruit pickle maybe with sweet and sour pickle,I like fresh fig jam style sauces,but I do love the fresh lobes lightly seared,I do a great sauce with foils gras for beef and the tinned is great ,majority of fois gras is tinned and pre cooked

Back
Top Bottom