How Would You Prepare A 1 lb Brisket?

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
10:27 PM
I've never cooked a brisket before, and I mentioned to my folks that I would like to try one soon. They happened to be at the grocery store yesterday and noticed there was a sale on them, so they picked one up for me, however it is only 1lb, and most of the recipes I am seeing online call for a 4 lb brisket.

Some of the recipes I saw suggested a one hour per pound cooking time, which would mean one hour for me. However other recipes suggest something like 8 hours on low or in a crock pot.

It looks like it's a pretty lean cut of meat and I am worried about only cooking it for one hour. Will it still come out tender or will it be "cooked" but tough as leather?

I only cook my brisket in a slow cooker and was advised this is one of the better (and easier ways to do it) by a woman who cooks for a living. I have never made a brisket that was more than a little over a pound. I like to put it in the slow cooker in the morning, with whatever sauces, marinades etc. you are going to use, and cook on low for 6 hours. This was the meat comes out tender, when you go to remove it from the slow cooker it will literally fall apart, and fully cooked but not overcooked.

Back
Top Bottom