I am Grateful for 99 Cents Only.

pafjlh

Local time
11:36 AM
99 cents Only is a dollar store that isn't like most dollar stores. This is a dollar store, yes it has dollar store items, but it also is like a grocery store. Inside the 99 cents Only store a person can find a can food section, a non-perishable foods section, a frozen foods section, a bakery section and a produce section.

This is a great store and it has helped cut down on the grocery bill in my home. I kid you not there was a time when we got into heated arguments in my home because of the grocery bill even with coupons. Thank to 99 Cents Only we no longer have these fights. Also, there are types of produce such as mushrooms that we couldn't afford in the usual grocery store but can find at 99 Cents Only. So, needless to say we now have been fruits and vegetable as well, because of the produce that can be bought there. Anyway, I have found this store to be a life saver in saving money.

Well done. Anyway you can lower food bills has got to be a good thing. And of course, having fresh food is far better than eating convenience food as well.

I have never been to 99 cents only. I always thought it was just like the dollar store, so I just never made the trip. I will have to check it out now, thanks for the review. I am always happy to cut costs on non-perishables and kitchen staples so I can spend more on quality produce and fresh foods!

We don't have that particular one in my town. We do have a dollar store, but I found that because of the low price, you end up with food items being in smaller packages and actually higher unit prices because you are paying for more packaging per pound of food. Not a good deal for me, and means that more packaging has to go to the landfill or recycle center. Bulk prices at the grocery store get me a lot more for my money.

Do you know if there's one up North like in the Carolinas for the US? I'd really like to get some ingredients from one, but so far the only discount stores are Save-A-Lot and Food Lion. Strangely, I know I'm new to this town, but I haven't seen a dollar store anywhere despite the discount(non-food related) stores all over the place. So, a 99 cent food store would be a great deal helpful.

In the UK, we have pound shops. You can get some great grocery bargains in these places - often saving up to 50%. Besides groceries, they also sell discounted big-brand chocolate and crisps. They save me a considerable amount of money, although I do find some people are prejudiced against these stores.

I like to shop at the large dollar stores that have the food sections. We have gone to the dollar store to help fill in the gaps when food and money are low. I like to get snacks from the dollar store like popcorn and chips. Bread is another good item from the dollar store, at close to $3 in the regular store.

In the UK, we have pound shops. You can get some great grocery bargains in these places - often saving up to 50%. Besides groceries, they also sell discounted big-brand chocolate and crisps. They save me a considerable amount of money, although I do find some people are prejudiced against these stores.
We often use the £1 stores but often find that the choice can be limited - if they have what you want great but they can't be relied upon and we usually have to carry on the supermarket for some items.

the cheaper priced food shops in the uk has progressed over the last few years,a chain called home bargains who's parent company is tj hughs have just opened a 1million square foot distribution centre close to Stonehenge,there prices of dry goods and cleaning products is very keen ,and foot fall in their stores is growing

Back
Top Bottom