The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
9:04 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
d0743d61-06ba-48fb-bf18-d379e5fb4364-jpeg.jpg

To understand what the heck I’m talking about with this name, you have to understand a little bit about the history of the Beatles. Many of you probably know that there was a rumor - which I believe the Beatles themselves started - that Paul McCartney was dead, and replaced by a replica. At the end of one of their songs, John supposedly said “I buried Paul”, though he insists he said “cranberry sauce”. So, you see what the connection to this recipe challenge is, right? Maybe not.

This recipe makes enough for 1 drink.

Ingredients

6 ounces white cranberry juice
2 ounces Bombay Sapphire (or similar high quality) gin
1/4 cup cranberries

Directions

1. Blend cranberry juice and gin, then pour into an ice cube tray. One standard size ice cube tray is needed for each drink (about 1 cup of liquid). Freeze for two hours, or until mostly solid (the gin will likely keep it from freezing solid for a while).

2. Freeze the cranberries separately.

3. Pour cubes into a blender and blend until slushy.

4. Pour into a glass. Stir in cranberries until evenly distributed: besides being decorative, they will help keep the drink cold.

5. Listen to a Beatles album, or watch the movie Yesterday while drinking.

v1.jpg

I love the name of this cocktail. Never heard of white cranberry juice before - you can get white cranberries?
Here's the kind I used:

41YTi277u7L.jpg

White cranberries are those harvested early in the season. Apparently, cranberries will always have a tendency to start turning red, even after harvesting, so it must be a difficult task to keep them that way. I'm not sure if you can even get fresh white cranberries anywhere. Here's an interesting article about them: White Cranberries - Muskoka Lakes Farm & Winery

I didn't know you could get white cranberries..! Are they just as sweet, or a bit sharper, or are the red ones more so?

Back
Top Bottom