To understand what the heck I’m talking about with this name, you have to understand a little bit about the history of the Beatles. Many of you probably know that there was a rumor - which I believe the Beatles themselves started - that Paul McCartney was dead, and replaced by a replica. At the end of one of their songs, John supposedly said “I buried Paul”, though he insists he said “cranberry sauce”. So, you see what the connection to this recipe challenge is, right? Maybe not.
This recipe makes enough for 1 drink.
6 ounces white cranberry juice
2 ounces Bombay Sapphire (or similar high quality) gin
1/4 cup cranberries
1. Blend cranberry juice and gin, then pour into an ice cube tray. One standard size ice cube tray is needed for each drink (about 1 cup of liquid). Freeze for two hours, or until mostly solid (the gin will likely keep it from freezing solid for a while).
2. Freeze the cranberries separately.
3. Pour cubes into a blender and blend until slushy.
4. Pour into a glass. Stir in cranberries until evenly distributed: besides being decorative, they will help keep the drink cold.
5. Listen to a Beatles album, or watch the movie Yesterday while drinking.