I am tired

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
5:13 AM
i am tired or wearing a face mask, I am tired of having to cook every day. I am tired of not being able to congregate with friends. I am tired of the extreme heat and humidity that we have been experiencing. I am tired of the crazy extremes of drought then flood then more drought. I am tired of being tired.
I want to scream.
This is me being crazy.
:banghead:
I am so glad I have all of you. I can vent without judgement.
:hug: to all.

I am tired of not being able to congregate with friends.
Mate stay with your type of isolation. This is my mate Dil sharing a pizza with me on the beach. He went home to Norway with his wife and caught Covid. He survived, They arrived here last week. It nearly killed him. He has aged 10 years.

i am tired or wearing a face mask, I am tired of having to cook every day. I am tired of not being able to congregate with friends. I am tired of the extreme heat and humidity that we have been experiencing. I am tired of the crazy extremes of drought then flood then more drought. I am tired of being tired.
I want to scream.
This is me being crazy.

You and me both. The isolation is the worst part. I like my dog, and have always talked to him, but he is starting to talk to me. He hasn't told me to kill anyone... yet.

But seriously, I really get stir crazy with just me and a poodle alone in a three bedroom house. The mask thing doesn't really bother me. I don't know why. It probably should. Of course, as soon as I get outside in the parking lot, it's off.

As for the weather, all you need is enough money to have houses in about five places, so you have perfect weather every time of year. I fantasize about that on a regular basis. January, Key West. July, Cape Cod. Monterey California, pretty much any time.

Vent away!

CD

I want to scream.
This is me being crazy.

Vent away. I can't imagine what you guys go through. Even watching the tv must be depressing.? Maybe more frozen meals? I cook everything here so I know it catches up with you. Go out more and give yourself a rest. I'm being lazy this week with wife away. Freezers full. Would that help,you getting a break from cooking.? Or a break away? Is that feasible or too risky??

Russ

I want to scream.
This is me being crazy.

:hug: we all here for you, vent away.

As for the weather, all you need is enough money to have houses in about five places, so you have perfect weather every time of year. I fantasize about that on a regular basis. January, Key West. July, Cape Cod. Monterey California, pretty much any time.

You could just move to Kent. Aside from a few weeks a year its rarely hot or humid. It rains sometimes and sometimes we get a bit of snow. Its about perfect for me.

I really feel for those living in hot humid climates. I wouldn't last five minutes.

Re masks - I've not yet worn one as I simply never go to shops. Literally everything is delivered to the door. I always did shop on-line anyway so that isn't strange. Being somewhat anti-social in real life means I don't miss people. The one person I missed is now staying in a bubble in my house, with me and my partner - so I'm doing more cooking but posting less recipes here. I have a nice garden so I often sit outside with my friend and a bottle of wine. That's a treat.

So what am I tired of after 5 and a half months? Maybe not being able to go to the pub or eat in a fine restaurant occasionally (I'm tentatively considering the latter). Definitely I am fed up with not being able to get away for a mini holiday by the sea.

On the plus I'm reading more novels, drinking a bit less alcohol and I've done some work tidying up the house.

But all in all (at risk of sounding smug), I'm coping well. I'd go far as to say, I'm rather enjoying myself since my friend arrived here. So I really feel for you ElizabethB. Vent as much as you like!

With me, the "practical" things I'm tired of are grocery shopping and restaurants. I miss going to the grocery every other day, I miss going to three or four grocery stores, and I miss being able to just wander through a nice grocery store for a couple of hours without worrying somebody just coughed all over the jar of relish I want to look at.

I miss eating inside restaurants. It's not just the food, it's the experience of someone waiting on you, clearing away the dirties while you drink coffee, like a lord or lady with servants.

I miss being able to just run into town for one or two things, just to break up the routine of the day. Now, every excursion from the house is planned, since going out is an exposure risk. I don't need any cookbooks, but I miss stopping in at the local deep discount store to look at their selection of clearance cookbooks, just for fun.

It seems like any in-person interaction with "the outside world" is a serious matter, and has to be planned. I'm tired of hearing my wife say, "Don't forget your mask!" every time I leave the house.

As to actually wearing a mask, that's the least of my worries. I don't mind it at all, and I'm one of those knuckleheads wearing it in the car between shops. Once it's adjusted, I easily forget about it.

And as gabby as I am online, I'm exactly the opposite in person; very quiet, introverted, and anti-social to a fair degree, so I'm ok with the social isolation. If I'm honest, I'm a little pleased that, "When're you comin' over?" questions from my folks have stopped. Those used to be nearly non-stop. Of course, I still hear it from my sister. Judging from her texts, she's still living in a COVID-free world.

One thing I'm really, really tired of: checking numbers day-to-day, seeing a little improvement, then a little more, then some more, just starting to feel a little good about things, then...WHAM!...numbers spike and it feels like April all over again. That is wearying.

Of course, I miss going on holiday somewhere I actually want to go, but I like getting to cancel out of a couple of things I didn't want to go to. Every thorn has it's rose, no?

It's fine to vent, we all have our stressors, and it's at least interesting to find out how different, and how similar we all are. I think when this is all over, we should look at all the membership locations, plot the geographical center, and meet up. Of course, it'll probably be the middle of the ocean...

Vent away!

CD
Yeah, but you still have to get from place to place, which could be a challenge. I wouldn't want to get on a plane right now, and that's more driving than I would like to do. Before COVID-19 it would have been nice to take lengthy road trips (say take a few weeks to drive from Key West to Monterey and stop frequently in between to sight-see) but no matter how careful and stringent the hotels say they are being in their cleaning processes, I am uneasy about spending the night in a bed someone else has slept in within previous days. All it takes is just a little bit of that highly contagious virus to make someone sick. I guess a motorhome would work for transportation.

You could just move to Kent. Aside from a few weeks a year its rarely hot or humid. It rains sometimes and sometimes we get a bit of snow. Its about perfect for me.

I really feel for those living in hot humid climates. I wouldn't last five minutes.

Re masks - I've not yet worn one as I simply never go to shops. Literally everything is delivered to the door. I always did shop on-line anyway so that isn't strange. Being somewhat anti-social in real life means I don't miss people. The one person I missed is now staying in a bubble in my house, with me and my partner - so I'm doing more cooking but posting less recipes here. I have a nice garden so I often sit outside with my friend and a bottle of wine. That's a treat.

So what am I tired of after 5 and a half months? Maybe not being able to go to the pub or eat in a fine restaurant occasionally (I'm tentatively considering the latter). Definitely I am fed up with not being able to get away for a mini holiday by the sea.

On the plus I'm reading more novels, drinking a bit less alcohol and I've done some work tidying up the house.

But all in all (at risk of sounding smug), I'm coping well. I'd go far as to say, I'm rather enjoying myself since my friend arrived here. So I really feel for you ElizabethB. Vent as much as you like!

What are the beaches like in Kent? Will they serve you drinks with little umbrellas on them under a palm tree in Kent? :wink: :woot:

Again, to be serious (twice in one week -- I'm losing it), I think of my grandparents. WWII, the great depression. The pandemic of 1918. If they got through all of that, we can get through this.

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, until it finally kills you all the way. -- Blues traveler

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUGq3D5Ru-M

CD

What are the beaches like in Kent? Will they serve you drinks with little umbrellas on them under a palm tree in Kent? :wink: :woot:

The beaches are fantastic - lots of sandy beaches and they aren't crowded if you know where to go. Kent has a large coastline. And yes - you could certainly find places where they serve drinks with little umbrellas on the coast. Seafood too. Maybe not that many palm trees though.

Yeah, but you still have to get from place to place, which could be a challenge. I wouldn't want to get on a plane right now, and that's more driving than I would like to do. Before COVID-19 it would have been nice to take lengthy road trips (say take a few weeks to drive from Key West to Monterey and stop frequently in between to sight-see) but no matter how careful and stringent the hotels say they are being in their cleaning processes, I am uneasy about spending the night in a bed someone else has slept in within previous days. All it takes is just a little bit of that highly contagious virus to make someone sick. I guess a motorhome would work for transportation.

Thanks for the buzzkill. :unsure:

In Fantasyland, you travel from one place to another on your private jet.

CD

Thanks for the buzzkill. :unsure:

In Fantasyland, you travel from one place to another on a private jet.

CD
I seriously wasn't thinking that owning 5 houses was a fantasy (well okay, maybe 3 houses would be more manageable). You could air bnb them when you weren't using them. I guess the Monterey and Key West locales would be the most expensive property wise and upkeep, especially with the insurance.

I just miss seeing "my" people :( Most of my friends are still not ok going out. I've only seen one friend since March. A couple I'm friends with had their second baby in July and I have yet to meet her. I love babies, not being able to meet friends' babies is hard. And must be even harder for the family.

I miss going to the gym and dance classes. And I miss travel so much. Not only the meeting new places but I miss sitting on a plane.

I just miss seeing "my" people :( Most of my friends are still not ok going out. I've only seen one friend since March. A couple I'm friends with had their second baby in July and I have yet to meet her. I love babies, not being able to meet friends' babies is hard. And must be even harder for the family.

I miss going to the gym and dance classes. And I miss travel so much. Not only the meeting new places but I miss sitting on a plane.

I have mixed feelings on the travel part of this pandemic. I miss sitting on a plane, if I'm in First Class. If I'm in economy, not so much.

Before Covid, I spent about 100 (plus) days a year traveling. Sometimes five cities in four States in one week. I don't miss that -- although I do miss the money I made doing that.

On the plus side, when I do travel for pleasure, I fly First Class for free, drive a Mercedes rental car for free, and sometimes get a nice hotel room for free. Points are nice -- but you do pay for them, with cash and mental health.

CD

Back
Top Bottom