I have 1944g of Mars Bars....now what?! :D

Alunny

Veteran
Local time
3:48 AM
Website
www.jades-world.com
So my local Kmart had a BUNCH of those mini mars bar bags for 50c each so I got 10 of them. I've only counted 9 of them here because my fiancé and I can't keep our mitts off!! :rolleyes:

I also bought some choc ripple cookies, so I wanted to use them for a base, and maybe some Philly cheese and make something with it? I imagine mixing the philly cheese with the mars bars would be beyond delicious!! :D

Should I make a cheesecake....or should I make something else like a slice or something? Is there any recipes you can recommend or any tips? I can't make caramel so please avoid anything with caramel in it. It's a lost cause when it comes to me lol.:giggle:

You know I initially read that as a Mars Bar from 1944!

My favourite, when I could eat them, was simply to chew the base off leaving a layer of caramel covered in mild chocolate. That was my favourite part... the soft chewy caramel with some added chocolate.

So as to what you do with t, I have no idea, but it does occur to me that you have really good source of caramel very handy and you could melt it and reset it and claim you made something with caramel in it and your fiancé would be none the wiser.

Well thinking about this, the mousy part would mix well with the philly cheese. The caramel part would melt well to make a caramel topping and you could add an extra layer of milk chocolate to top off the dish... base as the cookies and you are away and hyper for the next 10 days!

That sounds amazing!! I did find a recipe actually, and it's only going to use 400g of them LOL.

I can't WAIT to taste them mixed with philly cheese. I like your idea of cutting off the bottom bits and meltong the top parts down for a sauce, that's brilliant! :D Fiancé will like that a lot, and it might help us eating too many as we go ha ha.

It's funny because I googled "mars bar philly cheese" and this topic was 3rd in the list LOL. 2 birds, one stone :wink:.

Mars Bar Cheesecake
Crust:150g Butter melted
200g Digestive biscuits(Graham Crackers I think our US pals call them!) crushed up into crumbs
100g Shortbread crushed into crumbs
1tsp Ground cinnamon

Melt the butter however you want. I do it in a big bowl in the microwave.
Tip in the crumbs and cinnamon and stir.

Tip all of that into a loose bottomed round tin about 9"(either with the push up bottom or the removable sides it doesn't matter, what does is that you can get it out!)
Place in fridge. Filling:10 Mars Bars(the big 40g bars)
500g Philly cheese

Chop 2 Mars Bars into rough chunks. Set aside.
Chop up the other bars and either melt slowly over a pan of hot water(bain marie) or do as I do(anything for a quick route to yumminess!) and place in a glass bowl and melt in a micro(try about 30 seconds on high then stir, and another 30 seconds and stir etc etc)
While you are doing this beat the cheese with a spoon until sofftened.
When the Mars Bars are all melty add them to the cheese until well combined(ie. no white showing) then stir in the non melty chunks and stir through.
Pile this mix onto the crust and chill until needed.
Dust the whole thing with cocoa powder before you serve. I find it best to make this cheesecake either the morning of or even the day before, I want it, as it gives plenty of time to set.

This makes a cheesecake with LOTS of filling which I prefer. You could always try it with less Mars Bars and cheese and make it thinner. Either way it is very rich so you don't need a big piece!
I have made this for LOTS of people and have always had a great response(hope that doesn't sound too bigheaded!)

The only thing missing is separating the caramel from the base in the mars bar. If you did that, you could have a topping for the cheesecake that was a mousse layer, with a hidden caramel layer below that would not be found until someone cut into the cheesecake. Or you could do the exact reverse and create a mars bar layering system in the cheesecake itself. Using a knife to roughly separate the layers would not be that difficult and you could easily top it off with a layer of solid milk chocolate from a standard Lindt chocolate bar or similar.

Man I did it last night and it did not come out as good as expected....I think that recipe leaves a LOT to be desired. The cheese should be mixed with at least 100g icing sugar! Otherwise it's too bitter :(. You should also add in 1/2 a cup thickened cream at the end or it's really hard too :/.

I did cut the bottoms off, and thank god I did ha ha. It's not the most pleasant experience and it's very hard. I expected it to be harder than other cheesecakes but this is a bit too hard. Not happy with it at all ha ha.

SatNav, that's how I eat Mars Bars! The big ones and the mini ones.

How about chopping them up and making MB cookies? or MB rocky road? I'd definitely have a go at deep frying a few, I've never done that and do wonder what it's like but my waistline doesn't need to find out.

It was hard getting the bottoms off the mars bars?

Yes, the caramel and nougat covered the sharp knife and then the bar would flip over and basically I almost lost my thumb/finger at least twice. Very awkward, hated every second of it XD.

Deep fry the lot and go mad !!!!!:wacky:

Ha ha ha ha :D I like your style!!

@Berties / @burrr I'm not reeeeeally into brownies so much...when I tried to melt these down they didn't come out how I pictured...and I just don't see the idea working well in a brownie...it will either be a hard part in the brownie or it will be a soft weird tasting part lol. I think definitely the latter for cookies ha ha. I was hoping for a cold thing, maybe a slice or cheesecake, even a tart or milkshake :D.

Martian Pudding
Ingredients:

1 packet Instant Whip or Angel Delight per four people
1 Mars Bar per person.
Directions:
Chop the Mars bars up into bite size pieces, and make up the Instant Whip in the usual way.
Pour over the Mars Bars, and serve when set. (This is sickly, but easy to make).

Sorry this thread is a bit old now, I just wanted to mention that while it isn't a recipe, mars bars make the best topping for cakes. Just melt them down, spread it on top, and when it sets it makes a lovely gooey chocolate "icing". My favourite on top of or between layers of sponge cakes.

Back
Top Bottom