I only seem to like weird desserts...

Kalb13

Veteran
Local time
7:47 PM
My girlfriend says I'm weird but I LOVE flan. It's my favorite dessert, in all it's eggy-caramelly goodness....I can't understand why she thinks it's so disgusting. It's like Mexican Creme Brulee! Does anyone else love Flan like I do? Maybe it's weird cause I'm as white as it gets... I got hooked at an early age at the Taco Shop down the street from my childhood home. I even love the packaged processed flan they sell at supermarkets, although nothing beats homemade!

Our mom used to make this weird sweet dessert that consisted of small marshmallows, fruit cocktail.coconut crème & flaked or shredded coconut. There was no particular name for it, but we called it the No-name dessert!! Hah!

It was so good!! :wink: :hungry:

I have a model,when I write menus a sliding scale from traditional to funky ,on the funky spectrum some diners love to try different dishes they wouldn't necesary cook them selves some I've done on the funky side are
Saffron and goats cheese brullee
Chilli syrup chargrilled pineapple with a mint sorbet
Cummin and honey cheesecake
Even parsnip and polenta cake is a step too far for some
Some people enjoy a savoury insteed of a sweet like a rarebit type dish or a pithivier of goats cheese and pear
Peoples palate should not be said to be weird you should only consume food you like

Back
Top Bottom