I think I need more pesto...

Arch

Guru
Local time
8:57 AM
IMAG0105.jpg

There are only 5 and a half jars in the fridge.

Morrison had the Berio brand on offer last week, so I got three, and then today Sainsburys had the Napolitana brand on offer so I got two. Should last me until about June...

I also discovered that the little tins of tomato puree are cheaper per 100g than the tubes - and it keeps in the fridge for 3 weeks once opened (I'll decant out of the tin into a sealed tub). I'd always assumed tins were more expensive.

View attachment 34

I also discovered that the little tins of tomato puree are cheaper per 100g than the tubes - and it keeps in the fridge for 3 weeks once opened (I'll decant out of the tin into a sealed tub). I'd always assumed tins were more expensive.
We buy tetra packs over here - it's called tomato frito - and they are also very cheap. As you say, they'll keep for weeks in the fridge. I think tubes of tomato puree are about the most expensive way to buy it.

I avoid tetrapaks when I can, because we can't recycle them! Well, there's a special bin for them at the tip, but we can't put them in the kerbside recycling boxes.

There currently isn't a plant in the UK that can process them for recycling - they have to be shipped to Germany or Sweden.

Any way, I was very pleased with my stocking up. The list I took only had three items on it, but careful use of bargains saw me come home with a rucksackful. I like to make sure I only fall for the offers that actually benefit me, and not the supermarket!

Back
Top Bottom