I wouldn't give up...

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:31 PM
What food or drink wouldn't you give up? Now this means giving up forever. I could give up all sorts of things for a limited time but what about depriving yourself forever of this one food or drink item? What do you like, love or are so addicted to that you can't imagine life without it?

I have to think about this... but it might just be eggs.

Last edited:
Sorry - I'm a chocoholic :D

I'll join you for a breakfast Guinness sometime. But chocolate? I don't get it. I can eat it if very dark and serious tasting but I'd rather have cheese.

My next thought on things I wouldn't want to give up: potatoes

I'll join you for a breakfast Guinness sometime. But chocolate? I don't get it. I can eat it if very dark and serious tasting but I'd rather have cheese.

My next thought on things I wouldn't want to give up: potatoes

Definitely has to be dark chocolate. A good bit of extra mature Cheddar wouldn't go amiss either.

True - but I must have been 18 before I ever had any so I did a long time without.

Oysters
If you had red sauce on a pasta, or pizza, or any Italian or Asian food for that matter, then you had garlic. Garlic that's in your face - like roasted garlic - is something I can imagine people not having until they're older, but it's what garlic does behind the scenes that would be missed in ways I can't imagine (and wouldn't want to imagine).

Now, as for oysters...did the game change to "what would you happily give up"? :laugh:

I like properly prepared oysters on occasion, but they're very far down the list of "can't live without" foods.

I can't think of a beverage that I can't live without - there are a number of good options that could keep me happy if I were to leave one out - but never having beer or tequila again is something I wouldn't want to do.

Back
Top Bottom