Iced Coffee

DancingLady

Veteran
Local time
11:58 AM
Do you make iced coffee in the summer? How do you make it?

On very hot days, I sometimes make my coffee the night before and put it in the fridge so I can drink it cold the next day. I don't need to use ice cubes that way to get it just about as cold as actual iced coffee.

If you are an iced coffee fan, do you also add flavors or cream, or just drink it black?

I like my iced coffee with a little vanilla. I usually take the leftover coffee from the morning and pour it over ice. Also, I am more of a latte drinker, so I add cream to my iced coffee.

Also, I have noticed that many coffee makers on the market today have directions on brewing fresh iced coffee in their manuals.

I also use cold, leftover coffee for my iced coffee, poured over ice. And I add a bit of Coffeemate sugar free Italian Sweet Cream creamer.

I make cold brew coffee for my iced coffee as it always tastes the best. You soak 1 lb of ground coffee in a bowl with about 12 cups of water and let the coffee brew for about 24 hours. Strain all of the coffee grounds out of the liquid. You then fill a glass with ice and then fill the glass about half full with the coffee and top it off with cream, milk, and/or sugar. It tastes awesome!

I like my iced coffee with a little vanilla. I usually take the leftover coffee from the morning and pour it over ice. Also, I am more of a latte drinker, so I add cream to my iced coffee.

Also, I have noticed that many coffee makers on the market today have directions on brewing fresh iced coffee in their manuals.

I had no idea you could brew fresh coffee for iced coffee. Is it supposed to have better flavor that way rather than using leftover coffee?

We are not coffee drinkers at home although I drink coffee once in a while when we dine out in fine restaurants. And what I would order after a heavy meal is iced coffee. It is refreshingly cool and helps me digest my food much better than hot coffee. I've learned that from my older sister who advised me to drink iced coffee when I don't like soda or juice. She said that the caffein is good for our body if taken moderately because it spikes our energy. And if taken regularly (like once a week) our body will adjust.

We are not coffee drinkers at home although I drink coffee once in a while when we dine out in fine restaurants. And what I would order after a heavy meal is iced coffee. It is refreshingly cool and helps me digest my food much better than hot coffee. I've learned that from my older sister who advised me to drink iced coffee when I don't like soda or juice. She said that the caffein is good for our body if taken moderately because it spikes our energy. And if taken regularly (like once a week) our body will adjust.
I don't think your body will adjust much if you only have caffeine once a week. It's the daily consumption your body gets used to. It is much better for you than sodas though, doesn't have the sugars and probably not any more caffeine really.

I don't think your body will adjust much if you only have caffeine once a week. It's the daily consumption your body gets used to. It is much better for you than sodas though, doesn't have the sugars and probably not any more caffeine really.

My husband is averse to coffee because his uncle died of anxiety attack due to excessive drinking of coffee. We have a saying here the coffee makes you susceptible to anxiety attacks. That's why I am also avoiding coffee as much as I can in support of my husband's rule of the house. With soda, I am not much for it because I have kidney stones so I am quite selective now with what I drink. And it's always water for me most of the time.

It's odd I like coffee but really not sure about cold coffee , but my sons don't drink coffee but drink iced coffee
I'm not over keen on coffee flavored foods,

It's odd I like coffee but really not sure about cold coffee , but my sons don't drink coffee but drink iced coffee
I'm not over keen on coffee flavored foods,
I agree. Don't much like coffee in cakes and desserts. I do sometimes make a low cal milkshake with coffee, almond milk and truvia.

Back
Top Bottom